Statistics for Health Care Research - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card),
- 45 sampling, measurement, and statistical analysis exercises provide a practical review of both basic and advanced techniques and prepare you to apply statistics to clinical practice.
- The health sciences focus encompasses both the nursing and the medical literature so you can review the techniques in context.
- Statistical Technique in Review sections provide concise summaries to refresh your understanding of each technique.
- Research Article sections provide the article source, an introduction, and a "Relevant Study Results" section to help you apply the statistical technique in context.
- Study Questions with answer keys reinforce the exercise content and help you check your understanding of each technique.
- Questions to Be Graded, printed on separate pages to be completed and submitted to the instructor, test your mastery of key statistical techniques.
- The concise, practical format makes helps you quickly review and become comfortable with each statistical technique.
- Fully indexed to help you locate content quickly and easily.
1. Identifying Level of Measurement: Nominal
2. Identifying Level of Measurement: Ordinal
3. Identifying Level of Measurement: Interval/Ratio
4. Understanding Percentages
5. Frequency Distributions with Percentages
6. Cumulative Percentages and Percentile Ranks
7. Interpreting Histograms
8. Interpreting Line Graphs
9. Identifying Probability and Nonprobability Sampling Methods
10. Understanding the Sampling Section of a Research Report: Sample Criteria, Sample Size, Refusal Rate, and Mortality
11. Using Statistics to Describe a Study Sample
12. Using Power Analysis to Determine Sample Size
13. Understanding Reliability Values of Measurement Methods
14. Understanding Validity Values of Measurement Methods
15. Measurements of Central Tendency Mean, Median, and Mode
16. Mean and Standard Deviation
17. Mean, Standard Deviation, and 68% of Normal Curve
18. Mean, Standard Deviation, and 95% and 99% of Normal Curve
19. Determining Skewness of a Distribution
20. Understanding T Scores
21. Effect Size
23. Pearson’s Product-Moment Correlation Coefficient
24. Understanding Pearson’s r, Effect Size, and Percentage of Variance Explained
25. Multiple Correlations I
26. Multiple Correlations II
27. Simple Linear Regression
28. Multiple Linear Regression
29. t-Tests for Independent Groups I
30. t-Tests for Independent Groups II
31. t-Tests for Dependent Groups
32. Significance of Correlation Coefficient
33. Standard Error of the Mean: 95th Confidence Interval
34. Standard Error of the Mean: 99th Confidence Interval
35. Standard Error of a Percentage and 95th Confident Interval
36. Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) I
37. Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) II
38. Post Hoc Analyses Following ANOVA
39. Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) with Confidence Intervals
40. Chi Square I
41. Chi Square II
42. Spearman Rank-Order Correlation Coefficient
43. Mann-Whitney U Test
44. Wilcoxon Matched-Pairs Signed-Ranks Test
45. Specificity and Sensitivity
Susan K. Grove, PhD, RN, ANP-BC, GNP-BC, Professor, College of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Adult Nurse Practitioner, Family Practice, Grand Prairie, Texas