Palliative and End-of-Life Care - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card),2nd Edition
- Defines dying as a normal, healthy process aided by the support of an interdisciplinary team.
- Provides in-depth pathophysiology, assessment, and intervention information based upon the disease trajectory.
- Highlights opportunities for patient and family teaching.
- Describes psychosocial issues experienced by patients and their families.
- Reviews uncomplicated and complicated grief and mourning, providing suggestions to help the family after a patient's death.
- Includes case studies at the end of chapters to reinforce key concepts of compassionate care.
- New chapters including Advance Care Planning, Ethical Issues, Spiritual Care Across Cultures, Pharmacology, Sleep, and Nutrition.
- Includes a new appendix on Assessment Tools and Resources for more comprehensive coverage of palliative and end-of-life care.
General Principles in Palliative and End-of-Life Care
1. The Advanced Practice Nurse in Palliative Care
2. Palliative and End-of-Life Care
3. The Dying Process
Important Concepts in Palliative and End-of-Life Care
4. Advance Care Planning and End-of-Life Decision Making
5. Ethical Issues Surrounding Advanced Disease
6. Spiritual Care Across Cultures
Advanced Disease Management
10. Cardiovascular Disease
11. Pulmonary Disease
12. Hepatic Disease
13. Chronic Kidney Disease
14. Neurological Disease
Clinical Practice Guidelines
19. Bowel Obstruction
20. Cachexia and Anorexia
24. Delirium/Acute Confusion
31. Nausea and Vomiting
33. Palliative Care Emergencies
35. Ulcerative Lesions
36. Caregiver Resources
37. Assessment Tools
Kim K. Kuebler, MN, RN, ANP-CS, Adult Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care/Oncology/Palliative Care Private Practice, Adjuvant Therapies, Inc., Atlanta, GA, USA, Debra E. Heidrich, MSN, RN, CHPN, AOCN, Palliative Nurse Clinician, Bethesda North Hospital, TriHealth Inc., Cincinnati, OH, USA and Peg Esper, MSN, RN, CS, AOCN, Nurse Practitioner, Medical Oncology, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA