Surgical Instrumentation - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and
you will not be charged until the item ships.
Learning all of the names, purposes, and set-up procedures for surgical instruments can be a daunting task, but with SURGICAL INSTRUMENTATION: AN INTERACTIVE APPROACH, it’s easier than ever before. With a combination of descriptive text and detailed pictures in the book, plus an interactive CD-ROM, you can successfully memorize all the details of surgical instrumentation.
Get the instant access version
- More than 500 full-color, high quality photographs help you learn the most common surgical instruments for all surgical procedures.
- A maximum of three illustrations per page, give a more accurate visual orientation of each instrument.
- Close-up photos of more than 100 instruments are detailed enough to see each tip, enabling you to better distinguish each surgical instrument.
- Each instrument description is presented consistently with the name, common name, category, use (type of surgery and where on the body), and additional details such as regional variations to make memorization easy.
- The CD-ROM packaged with the book provides an interactive tool for testing instrumentation knowledge with an expansive image library with zooming and rotating capabilities, and a glossary with sound pronunciations, and four types of exercises including drag-and-drop Mayo tray exercises and flashcards to help you learn and retain information.
1. Basic Instruments
2. General Instruments
3. Laparoscopic Instruments
4. Obstetrics and Gynecology Instruments
5. Genitourinary Instruments
6. Ophthalmic Instruments
7. Otorhinolaryngology Instruments
8. Plastics, Maxillofacial, and Oral Instruments
9. Orthopedic Instruments
10. Neurosurgical Instruments
11. Cardiovascular Thoracic Instruments
Renee Nemitz, CST, RN, AAS, Surgical Technology Program Instructor, Western Iowa Tech Community College, Sioux City, IA