Oral Pathology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Page Count: 512
List Price: $129.00
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Covering pathology according to clinical appearance, this text makes it easy to quickly identify and diagnose oral disease presentations. New and improved photos have been added to this edition, along with cutting-edge information on disease etiology and treatment. Coverage of pain, xerostomia, dysgeusia, and halitosis is significantly expanded, and discussions of the molecular basis of cancers reflect the rapid advances in molecular medicine. An updated companion CD-ROM provides excellent preparation for clinical situations and for success on the NBDE.
- Clinical Overview section uses an atlas-style format, with one page showing clinical photos of a condition and the facing page listing central features, causes, and significance — making it easy to locate key information on each condition.
- Organization by clinical appearance matches what you would expect to see upon a patient's presentation, and relates conditions to possible causes, making the book a useful tool for development of differential diagnoses and subsequent treatment planning.
- Hundreds of clinical photographs and radiographs depict key features of specific conditions for easier identification in real clinical scenarios.
- Photomicrographs help you identify pathologic elements and provide correct diagnoses and treatment plans for patients.
- Chapter outlines survey the topics in each chapter and make it easy to locate specific content.
- Boxes and tables offer clear, at-a-glance information on clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment for many conditions.
- Bibliography in every chapter lists updated articles and texts, organized by diseases, providing opportunities for in-depth reading and research.
- Well-known, respected contributors are added for a broader scope of knowledge.
- Updated companion CD-ROM includes:
- 30 case studies with hundreds of clinical photos, radiographs, and photomicrographs.
- 680 practice questions offering thorough preparation for the NBDE.
- Immediate answers for self-assessment and to guide further study.
- Case-based learning to prepare you for properly following the diagnostic and treatment process in clinical situations.
- Integrates current imaging technology and diagnostic techniques with coverage of conditions, providing a thorough overview of the treatment continuum.
- Adds Evolve resources with web-based course content to reinforce and expand on the book's oral pathology concepts.
- For the student:
- 17 interactive learning modules guide students through a complete case, from initial presentation to treatment outcomes, with self-assessments at the end of each module.
- Web links list related pathology resources for further research.
- For the instructor:
- A test bank includes over 300 questions in NBDE format that instructors may use for in-class quizzes or final exams.
- Electronic image collection is downloadable and contains:
- All images from the book
- All images from the 30 case studies on CD
- All images from the interactive learning modules
1. Vesiculobullous Diseases
2. Ulcerative Conditions
3. White Lesions
4. Red-Blue Lesions
5. Pigmented Lesions
6. Verrucal-Papillary Lesions
7. Connective Tissue Lesions
8. Salivary Gland Diseases
9. Lymphoid Lesions
10. Cysts of the Jaws and Neck
11. Odontogenic Tumors
12. Benign Nonodontogenic Tumors
13. Inflammatory Jaw Lesions
14. Malignancies of the Jaws
15. Metabolic and Genetic Diseases
16. Abnormalities of Teeth
17. Common Skin Lesions of the Head and Neck
Joseph A. Regezi, DDS, MS, Professor, Oral Pathology, University of California Division of Oral Pathology, San Francisco, CA, James J. Sciubba, DMD, PhD, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Baltimore, MD, USA and Richard C. K. Jordan, DDS, MSc, PhD, FRCD(C), FRCPATH, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA