Respiratory Care Exam Review - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Respiratory Care Exam Review: Review for the Entry Level and Advanced Exams, 3rd Edition, readies students with review materials for both the CRT and RRT exams! The material is presented in an outline format for efficient studying, with special boxes included in the chapter to highlight important information that is often included in the exam. The accompanying Evolve Web site provides practice exams for both the advanced and entry level exams to familiarize test-takers with the computerized exam format. Clinical simulations for the RRT are also included to give students the opportunity to practice this very difficult portion of the registry exam. New content has been added to the 3rd edition, including the latest updates to the NBRC content outlines implemented in 2009 and 2010. Be fully prepared with this comprehensive text!
- Respiratory Therapy exam review designed to provide students with a complete, hands-on review for both the NBRC Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) and the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credentialing exams.
- The material is presented in a detailed outline format, and each chapter includes a pre-test and post-chapter questions. Answers and rationales for both pre- and post-testing are located in the back of the book.
- Book includes two practice exams. One practice exam for each exam (CRT & RRT) is located in the back of the book. Answer keys with rationales for correct and incorrect answers are available on the Evolve Web site. The NBRC complexity levels of each question are indicated in the answer key to help the student better prepare for the actual exam.
- Companion Evolve Website features two additional practice exams (one for the entry level and one for the advanced level exam) to provide the student with additional practice and simulate the test taking experience. Each practice exam consists of the same number of questions as on the actual NBRC exam. NBRC difficulty levels are included in the answer rationale for each question.
- Every chapter has been thoroughly revised to incorporate the newest (2009) NBRC Examination content outlines that were implemented in 2009 (CRT) and 2010 (RRT).
- Unique! Exam Notes highlight special notes or instructions specific to either the entry level (CRT) or advanced exam (RRT) to help students use their study time more effectively. Other key information relevant to the respiratory therapist is featured in specially shaded boxes.
- Completely updated to reflect the newest NBRC Examination content outlines, with new information on: stress testing, oxygen titration with exercise, aterial line insertion, influenza vaccines and ventilator-associated pneumonia protocols.
- Additional practice test questions with rationales added to both entry level and advanced practice exams provide rationales and detailed explanation for every question on the exam.
- Eleven clinical simulations included on accompanying Evolve site reflect the actual number of simulations on this difficult portion of the registry exam.
- Oxygen and Medical Gas Therapy
- Humidity and Aerosol
- Assessment of the Cardiopulmonary Patient
- Management of the Airway
- Special Respiratory Care Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Techniques
- Hyperinflation Therapy
- Bronchopulmonary Hygiene Techniques
- Cardiac Monitoring
- ABG Interpretation
- Ventilator Management
- Disorders of the Respiratory System
- Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care
- Respiratory Medications
- Respiratory Home Care
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Equipment Decontamination and Infection Control
Entry Level Certification Exam: Practice Test (with Answer Key and Explanations)
Advanced Practitioner Written Registry Exam: Practice Test (with Answer Key and Explanations)
Pre-Test Answers and Rationales
Answers to Post-Chapter Study Questions
Entry Level Certification Exam: Practice Test
Advanced Practitioner Written Registry Exam: Practice Test
Clinical Simulations (11)
Gary Persing, BS, RRT, Program Director, Respiratory Therapy Program, Tulsa Community College, Tulsa, OK