Saunders 2014-2015 Strategies for Test Success - E-Book, 3rd Edition
An essential resource for any nursing student, this invaluable guide gives you the tools you need to overcome text anxiety and develop effective study habits. Key topics include time management, critical thinking, and problem solving, with tips to help you tackle any nursing test — from a routine quiz to the NCLEX® examination. You’ll learn how to confidently evaluate and identify the correct answer for a variety of test question types, including alternate item formats, with chapters on the nursing process, prioritization methods, and safety strategies. The book and companion CD offer 500 practice questions to help you practice the skills you are learning and gain realistic test-taking experience.
- Coverage of detailed critical thinking methods offer valuable clues to help you analyze and uncover the correct answer option for all question types, including multiple-choice, true-or-false, and alternate item-format questions
- Chapters on specific question content, such as prioritization, pharmacology, management, and delegation, provide numerous examples to prepare you for higher cognitive level questions
- A fun, two-color design features cartoons and bold designs to help visual learners become better overall test-takers.
- Linda Silvestri’s hallmark Pyramid Points in the margins highlight the most important concepts you need to learn for exam success.
- A companion CD includes 500 practice questions that allow you to apply the strategies learned from the text in a realistic electronic testing environment.
- Refocused content emphasizes comprehensive test preparation to help you develop, refine, and apply the reasoning skills you need to succeed throughout nursing school and on the NCLEX® examination.
- A new chapter on reducing test anxiety offers simple strategies you can use to control test-induced stress and gain the confidence you need to pass exams.
- A new chapter on developing a structured study plan provides helpful tips for improving time management for more efficient exam preparation.
PART I: Study and Test Preparation
1. Preparing for Nursing Examinations
2. Developing Study Skills
3. Reducing Test Anxiety
4. NCLEX Preparation
PART II: Strategies for Success
5. Alternate Item Formats NEW!
6. How to Avoid ‘Reading Into The Question’
7. Positive and Negative Event Queries
8. Questions Requiring Prioritization
9. Leading and Managing, Delegating, and Assignment-Making Questions
10. Communication Questions
11. Pharmacology Questions
12. Additional Pyramid Strategies
PART III: Practice Tests
13. Fundamental Skills Questions
14. Adult Health Questions
15. Mental Health Questions
16. Maternity Questions
17. Child Health Questions
18. Pharmacology Questions
19. Delegating/Prioritizing Questions
20. Leadership/Management Questions
Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, Instructor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, RI; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Charlestown, RI and Angela Silvestri, MSN, RN