- A greatly expanded image collection, with more than 1,200 vivid, full-color photomicrographic illustrations depicting multiple variations of normal and abnormal tissue for fast and accurate diagnosis
- Clear, concise descriptions of tissue sampling techniques, slide preparation and examination guidelines
- Helpful hints for avoiding technical pitfalls and improving diagnostic quality of specimens
- Includes all body systems and fluids as well as pathological changes associated with infectious agents
- Histologic and histopathologic correlates provided in all organ system chapters.
- User-friendly format and logical organization facilitates readability and learning.
- Expert contributors represent the most respected leaders in the field.
- NEW! Chapter on Fecal Cytology
- Highlighted boxes featuring Key Points provide helpful tips for best conceptual understanding and diagnostic effectiveness
- Photomicrographs now include more comparative histology
- Discussions of broader uses of stains and immunocytochemistry for differential cytologic characterization
- Expanded chapter on Advanced Diagnostic Techniques includes more methodology and application of current tools, representing advances in both aspiration and exfoliative cytology.
1. The Acquisition and Management of Cytology Specimens
2. General Categories of Cytologic Interpretation
3. Skin and Subcutaneous Tissues
4. Lymphoid System
5. Respiratory Tract
6. Body Cavity Fluids
7. Oral Cavity, Gastrointestinal Tract, and Associated Structures
8. Dry-Mount Fecal Cytology
9. The Liver
10. Urinary Tract
11. Microscopic Examination of the Urinary Sediment
12. Reproductive System
13. Musculoskeletal System
14. The Central Nervous System
15. Eye and Adnexa
16. Endocrine System
17. Advanced Diagnostic Techniques
Appendix: Reference Values and Key Characteristics