ICD-10-CM Online Training Modules, 2012 Edition (User Guide and Access Code),
Be ready for ICD-10-CM with ICD-10-CM Online Training Modules, 2012 Edition! In this easy-to-use online course, leading coding educator Carol J. Buck provides an introduction to ICD-10-CM coding and helps you translate your knowledge of ICD-9-CM coding to the new code set. Expert insight, engaging learning modules, and interactive exercises prepare you for the transition to ICD-10-CM, and a printable Certificate of Completion enables you to prove your ICD-10-CM proficiency to employers and earn 4 continuing education units (CEUs) from the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC)* or 6 CEUs from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)**!
* This program has the prior approval of the American Academy of Professional Coders (the Academy) for 4 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by the Academy of the program content or the program sponsor.
**This program has been approved for continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association. Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
- Earn 4 continuing education units (CEUs) from the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) or 5 CEUs from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) upon successful completion (70% or higher on the final exam).
- General Equivalency Mapping (GEMs) files challenge you to locate ICD-10-CM codes and offer practice and preparation for the transition to ICD-10-CM coding.
- Interactive learning exercises with immediate feedback reinforce your understanding and promote retention of key concepts.
- Critical thinking questions encourage you to analyze and synthesize information for more accurate coding.
- Assessment exams in every module allow you to measure your progress and prepare for the final exam.
- Flexible, online format is adaptable to your schedule and learning style.
- Certificate of Completion enables you to document course completion and prove your ICD-10-CM readiness to potential employers.
- Web links provide one-click access to additional resources.
- All ICD-10-CM codes and guidelines have been updated to the latest 2012 ICD-10-CM code set so you can practice with the most current information available.
Chapter 1: Overview of ICD-10-CM
Lesson 1: About the ICD-10-CM
Lesson 2: Moving Between the ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM
Lesson 3: Official Instructional I-10 Notations
Chapter 2: Using the ICD-10-CM
Lesson 1: Using the Guidelines for Accurate Codes
Chapter 3: Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
Lesson 1: Diagnosis Codes
Lesson 2: Z Codes
Lesson 3: Cause Codes
Lesson 4: Assigning Z Codes
Lesson 5: Other Circumstances
Chapter 4: Chapter Specific Guidelines, ICD-10-CM (Chapters 1 through 10)
Lesson 1: Infectious and Parasitic Diseases
Lesson 2: Neoplasms
Lesson 3: Diseases of the Blood and Blood-Forming Organs and Certain Disorders Involving the Immune Mechanism
Lesson 4: Endocrine, Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases
Lesson 5: Mental and Behavioral Disorders
Lesson 6: Diseases of the Nervous System
Lesson 7: Diseases of the Eye and Adnexa
Lesson 8: Diseases of the Ear and Mastoid Process
Lesson 9: Diseases of the Circulatory System
Lesson 10: Diseases of the Respiratory System
Chapter 5: Chapter Specific Guidelines, ICD-10-CM (Chapters 11 through 14)
Lesson 1: Diseases of the Digestive System
Lesson 2: Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue
Lesson 3: Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue
Chapter 6: Chapter Specific Guidelines, ICD-10-CM (Chapters 15 through 21)
Lesson 1: Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium
Lesson 2: Certain Conditions Originating in the Perinatal Period
Lesson 3: Congenital Malformations, Deformations, and Chromosomal Abnormalities
Lesson 4: Symptoms, Signs, and Abnormal Clinical Laboratory Findings Not Elsewhere Classified
Lesson 5: Injury, Poisoning, and Certain Other Consequences of External Causes
Additional Practice Exam 1
Additional Practice Exam 2
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN