ICD-10-PCS Online Training Modules, 2012 Edition (User Guide and Access Code),
Make a successful transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10-PCS! ICD-10-PCS Online Training Modules, 2012 Edition makes it easy to learn the new ICD-10-PCS code set, with or without prior knowledge of ICD-9 coding. Interactive exercises build your familiarity with ICD-10 manuals by asking you to locate codes in the new manuals. You’ll also be introduced to ICD-10-PCS history, design, code structure, and coding guidelines. Developed by coding expert Karla Lovaasen, ICD-10-PCS Online Training Modules let you earn continuing education units from the AAPC or AHIMA upon successful completion of the course and exam.
Be ready for ICD-10-PCS with ICD-10-PCS Online Training Modules! Get an overview of the history and format of the ICD-10-PCS coding and prove that you're ready for the new code set with this convenient online course. Five interactive modules give you an introduction to ICD-10-PCS and teach you how to translate your knowledge of ICD-9-CM to the new code set. Upon completion and passing of a final exam, print an American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)* Certificate good for 2.0 continuing education units and American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)** Certificate good for 4 continuing education units. Prove to employers and colleagues that you are ICD-10-PCS-ready!
* This program has the prior approval of the American Academy of Professional Coders (the Academy) for 2 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by the Academy of the program content or the program sponsor
**This program has been approved for continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association. Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
- Learning activities reinforce your understanding and include immediate feedback.
- Use of general equivalency mapping (GEMS) files to locate ICD-10 codes helps you practice and prepare for the transition to ICD-10 coding.
- Critical thinking questions help you analyze and synthesize concepts.
- Assessment exams for every module help in measuring your progress and preparing for the final exam.
- Continuing education units (CEUs) may be earned after successfully completing the course and exam, including 2 CEUs from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or 4 CEUs from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Certificate of Completion provides documentation of your work and proof of ICD-10-PCS readiness.
- Web links supplement case studies and provide opportunities for further research and study.
- Updated ICD-10-PCS codes reflect the latest 2012 ICD-10-PCS code set.
Chapter 1: ICD-10-PCS History and Organization
Lesson 1: History and Design
Lesson 2: ICD-10-PCS Versus ICD-9-CM
Lesson 3: Use and Organization of ICD-10-PCS
Chapter 2: ICD-10-PCS Code Structure and Definitions
Lesson1: Body Systems
Lesson 2: Root Operations
Lesson 3: Body Parts
Lesson 4: Approaches
Lesson 5: Other Considerations
Chapter 3: ICD-10-PCS Coding Guidelines
Lesson 1: The Basics
Lesson 2: Body System Guidelines
Lesson 3: Root Operation Guidelines
Lesson 4: Body Part Guidelines
Lesson 5: Other Considerations
Chapter 4: Other Medical and Surgical-Related Procedures
Lesson 1: Obstetrics
Lesson 2: Placement
Lesson 3: Administration
Lesson 4: Measurement and Monitoring
Lesson 5: Extracorporeal Assistance and Performance
Lesson 6: Extracorporeal Therapies
Lesson 7: Osteopathic Procedures
Lesson 8: Other Procedures
Lesson 9: Chiropractic Procedures
Chapter 5: Ancillary Procedures
Lesson 1: Imaging
Lesson 2: Nuclear Medicine
Lesson 3: Radiation Oncology
Lesson 4: Physical Rehabilitation and Diagnostic Audiology
Lesson 5: Mental Health
Lesson 6: Substance Abuse Treatment
Karla R. Lovaasen, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM Trainer
Coding and Consulting Services