A quick, concise reference to the drugs and dosages used to treat exotic animals, Exotic Animal Formulary, 4th Edition addresses the most common questions and medical situations you encounter in clinical practice. Species covered include birds, fish, amphibians, reptiles, primates, wildlife, and all kinds of small mammals and "pocket pets." This edition is updated with a new chapter on invertebrates, information on the latest drugs, and a colorful new design. Written by clinical and research veterinarian James Carpenter, this book is the only drug formulary on the market created solely for the treatment of exotic animals.
- Covers all exotic species in a quick-reference format.
- User-friendly layout is formatted in columns with the agent, dosage, and comments easy to locate on the page.
- Features an extensive section on birds, the most common of exotic pets.
- Detailed appendices include classification of select antimicrobials used in exotic animal medicine, therapies commonly used in exotic animals, and selected laboratories conducting avian and reptile diagnostic procedures
- Many new drugs have been added.
- All drug dosages have been re-checked to ensure accuracy.
- Twelve excellent contributing authors have joined this edition.