Recognize, diagnose, and manage a wide range of common ocular conditions with Slatter’s Fundamentals of Veterinary Ophthalmology, 5th Edition. Covering small and large animals including birds and exotic species, this reference provides the latest, most practical information on structure and function of the eye, ocular development, pathology, examination and diagnosis, surgical procedures, ophthalmic pharmacology and therapeutics, and management of ocular emergencies. Nearly 1,000 color photos and illustrations accurately depict ocular conditions and demonstrate surgical techniques. Edited by noted veterinary ophthalmologists David J. Maggs, Paul E. Miller, and Ron Ofri, this reference is an essential aid to clinical decision-making, from differential diagnosis to medical and surgical management.
- Clinical focus addresses vital information for evaluating, diagnosing, managing, and monitoring patients.
- Logical organization based on anatomic region makes information easy to locate.
- Fully updated diagnostic methods, pharmacologic therapies, and surgical procedures help you provide the most current, effective care.
- Extensively updated content reflects the clinical expertise of three new, internationally respected veterinary ophthalmologists.
- Full-color format with nearly 1000 photographic images and step-by-step, illustrated procedures helps you recognize, diagnose and treat ocular conditions medically and surgically.
- A new chapter on the ophthalmology of birds and other exotic species provides expert guidance in the care of these increasingly popular companion species.
- A new chapter on ocular manifestations of systemic disease in large and small animals helps you utilize the ophthalmologic examination to more accurately diagnose and treat diseases and disorders affecting other body systems.
- Hardcover format adds durability for frequent reference.
1. Structure and Function of the Eye
2. Development and Congenital Abnormalities
3. Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics
4. General Pathology of the Eye
5. Basic Diagnostic Techniques
8. Third Eyelid
9. Lacrimal System
10. Cornea and Sclera
12. The Glaucomas
18. Ocular Manifestations of Systemic Diseases NEW
19. Ocular Emergencies
20. Ophthalmology of Exotic Pets NEW
A. Breed Predispositions to Eye Disorders
B. Glossary of Ophthalmological Terms