Modern Dental Terminology Online (Retail Access Card),
Take the interactive route to becoming fluent in dental terminology with Modern Dental Terminology Online. Using an innovative and interactive approach that goes beyond simple memorization, Modern Dental Terminology helps you learn to read, speak, and use terms in context. Twenty online modules cover the entire gamut of modern dental care – from an introduction to basic word structure to the language of basic sciences, infection control, dental instruments and equipment, radiographic imaging, dental materials, and an overview of general and specialty dentistry. Incorporating repetition and practice along with a mixture of content review, interactive exercises, and visual learning opportunities, this fun and engaging product will help you fully comprehend the language of dentistry and build a solid foundation for clinical competence.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Comprehensive look at modern dentistry covers the foundations of dental care plus practice within a variety of specialty areas.
- Foundational knowledge-building ensures that you can easily master the language of dentistry, fully comprehend core dentistry content, and learn to deliver quality dental care.
- Focus on interactivity enables you to practice and work with the context of the words to attain true fluency. The interactivity promotes learning and comprehension on a much deeper level than reading or lecture alone.
- Self-paced online modules contain 10- to 15-minute lessons that you can work through in short increments of time to supplement core content and prepare you for clinical encounters.
- Focused and readable content features a highly approachable format that focuses on working with the language rather than reading lengthy explanations.
- Extensive art program includes one or more images per screen, with a wide variety of full-color detailed illustrations and photographs.
- Video and animations enhance your learning and cater to a variety of different learning styles.
- Case studies help frame relevant language within realistic situations to promote clinical competence.
- Glossary terms are defined via a hover feature and linked to a searchable audio glossary accessible from any place in the course.
- Module exams at the end of each module provide checkpoints for comprehension and self-assessment.
- Intuitive and easy-to-navigate design includes a module outline and glossary that are easily accessible from any screen.
1. The Language of Dentistry
2. General Anatomy and Physiology
3. Oral Embryology and Histology
4. Head and Neck Anatomy
5. Dentitions and Tooth Morphology
6. Infection Control
7. The Dental Record
8. Dental Instrumentation and Equipment
9. Pain Control
10. Radiographic Imaging
11. Dental Materials
12. Tooth Restorations
17. Esthetic Dentistry
18. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
19. Pediatric Dentistry
20. The Dental Business Office