Clinical Parasitology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Now in full color, the second edition of Clinical Parasitology provides you with all of the information needed to perform, read, and interpret parasitology tests in a clear and understandable way. The user-friendly design, extensive illustrations, pedagogical features and clear descriptions of look-a-like parasites will help you better hone your skills and confidently perform clinical procedures.
- Thorough descriptions of the different forms of parasites within that organism type aid in classification.
- Characteristics at a Glance tables cover the most medically important parasite forms and include comparison drawings of look alike parasites.
- Test Your Knowledge! review questions enhance review and retention of chapter content.
- Numerous detailed drawings, with structures labeled illustrate the information in an easy-to-understand format.
- Individual parasite descriptions include concise information on life cycles, epidemiology, clinical symptomatology, laboratory diagnosis, treatment, prevention and control, notes of interest, and new trends.
- Increased number of case studies offers more opportunities for application of chapter content to real-life scenarios.
- Identification worksheets let you make your own drawings of parasites.
- NEW! Full-color design throughout the book provides a more accessible look and feel.
- NEW! Quick Quizzes, or periodic self-assessments, are included in each chapter to assess your knowledge.
- NEW! Student resources on the Evolve companion website feature additional case studies, interactive quizzes, and a veterinary parasitology reference guide.
- NEW! Focusing In boxes and Looking Back boxes, offer helpful chapter introductions and chapter summaries respectively.
Chapter 1 Introduction Chapter 2 Specimen Collection and Processing Chapter 3 The Amebas Chapter 4 The Flagellates Chapter 5 The Hemoflagellates Chapter 6 Select Sporozoa: Plasmodium and Babesia Chapter 7 Miscellaneous Protozoa Chapter 8 The Nematodes Chapter 9 The Filiariae Chapter 10 The Cestodes Chapter 11 The Trematodes Chapter 12 Artifacts and Confusers Chapter 13 The Arthropods Appendix A Glossary Appendix B Answers to Under the Microscope Case Studies Appendix C Answers to Quick Quiz Questions Appendix D Answers to Test Your Knowledge Questions Appendix E Bibliography
Elizabeth Zeibig, PhD, MT(ASCP), CLS(NCA)
PhD, MT(ASCP), CLS(NCA), Education Coordinator/Instructor, Department of Clinical Laboratory Science, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, MO