Covering the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the nervous system, Veterinary Neuroanatomy and Clinical Neurology, 4th Edition helps you diagnose the location of neurologic lesions in small animals, horses, and food animals. Practical guidelines explain how to perform neurologic examinations, interpret examination results, and formulate effective treatment plans. Descriptions of neurologic disorders are accompanied by illustrations, radiographs, and clinical case examples with corresponding online video clips depicting the actual patient described in the text. Written by veterinary neuroanatomy and clinical neurology experts Alexander de Lahunta, Eric Glass, and Marc Kent, this resource is an essential tool in the diagnosis and treatment of neurologic disorders in the clinical setting.
- Expert authors bring more than 50 years of experience in veterinary neuroanatomy and clinical neurology to this book — Dr. Alexander DeLahunta and Dr. Eric Glass offer their unique insights from both academic and practitioner perspectives.
- Disease content is presented in a logical case study format with three distinct parts:
- Description of the disorder
- Neuroanatomic diagnosis (including how it was determined, the differential diagnosis, and any available ancillary data)
- Course of the disease (providing final clinical or necropsy diagnosis and a brief discussion of the syndrome)
- More than 600 full-color photographs and line drawings, plus approximately 150 high-quality radiographs, visually reinforce key concepts and assist in reaching accurate diagnoses.
- The book comes with free access to 370 video clips on Cornell University’s website that directly correlate to the case studies throughout the book and clearly demonstrate nearly every recognized neurologic disorder.
- High-quality MR images of the brain are presented alongside correlating stained transverse sections for in-depth study and comparison.
- Vivid photos of gross and microscopic lesions clearly illustrate the pathology of many of the disorders presented in the book.
2. Neuroanatomy by Dissection
3. Development of the Nervous System: Malformation
4. Cerebrospinal Fluid and Hydrocephalus
5. Lower Motor Neuron: Spinal
6. Lower Motor Neuron: General Somatic
7. Lower Motor Neuron: General Visceral Efferent System
8. Upper Motor Neuron
9. General Sensory Systems:
* General Prioprioception-GP
* General Somatic Afferent-GSA
10. Small Animal Spinal Cord Disease
11. Large Animal Spinal Cord Disease
12. Vestibular System: Special Proprioception (SP)
14. Visual System
15. Auditory System: Special Somatic Afferent System
16. Visceral Afferent Systems
17. Non-Olfactory Rhinencephalon: Limbic System
18. Seizure Disorders: Narcolepsy
20. The Neurologic Examination
21. Case Descriptions