Workbook and Lab Manual for Mosby's Pharmacy Technician - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
This easy-to-use, chapter-by-chapter companion to Mosby's Pharmacy Technician: Principles and Practice, 3rd Edition helps your students reinforce their understanding of key facts and concepts. A wide variety of review questions, exercises, and experiential labl activities help students study more effectively and learn to apply their knowledge for success on the job.
- Chapter-specific exercises (fill-in-the-blank, matching, true/false, and multiple-choice) reinforce key textbook concepts and help you prepare for exams.
- Experiential lab activities provide hands-on practice.
- Case scenarios and critical thinking questions strengthen your decision-making skills.
- UNIQUE! Internet research assignments challenge you to locate additional information and draw clinically relevant conclusions.
- Math calculation exercises enhance your proficiency with challenging mathematic calculations critical to practice.
- NEW! Chapter-specific lab exercises give you applicable laboratory experience and practice.
- NEW! Skill check-off sheets let you track your progress with textbook procedures.
Unit One: Pharmacy Practice
1. History of Medicine and Pharmacy
2. Pharmacy Law, Ethics, and Regulatory Agencies
3. Competencies, Associations, and Settings for Technicians
4. Communication and Role of the Technician with the Customer/Patient
5. Dosage Forms and Routes of Administration
6. Conversions and Calculations
7. Drug Information References
8. Community Pharmacy Practice
9. Institutional Pharmacy Practice
10. Additional Pharmacy Practice Settings
11. Bulk Repackaging and Non-Sterile Compounding
12. Aseptic Technique and Sterile Compounding
13. Pharmacy Stock and Billing
14. Medication Safety and Error Prevention
Unit Two: Pharmacology and Medications
15. Therapeutic Agents for the Nervous System
16. Therapeutic Agents for the Endocrine System
17. Therapeutic Agents for the Muscular/Skeletal System
18. Therapeutic Agents for the Cardiovascular System
19. Therapeutic Agents for the Respiratory System
20. Therapeutic Agents for the Gastrointestinal System
21. Therapeutic Agents for the Renal System
22. Therapeutic Agents for the Reproductive System
23. Therapeutic Agents for the Immune System
24. Therapeutic Agents for Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat
25. Therapeutic Agents for the Dermatologic System
26. Therapeutic Agents for the Hematologic System
27. Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medications
28. Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)