Pocket Companion to Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 9th Edition
This pocket companion offers rapid, portable access to the most important pathology facts and concepts from Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 9th Edition. It distills the key concepts and principles of pathology into a condensed, at-a-glance format, making it the perfect pocket-sized reference for quick review anytime!
- Access key concepts and principles of pathology in a condensed, at-a-glance format that fits in your pocket.
- Locate additional information with abundant page references to the parent text.
- Student Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book as well as new materials (outlined above) designed to produce a more rounded learning experience.
- Review for in-course exams and the USMLE Step 1 with content that highlights the most important material in the current edition Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease.
- Easily find information with help from a format that closely follows the Table of Contents from the current edition of the parent text.
Chapter 1: The Cell as a Unit of Health and Disease
Chapter 2: Cellular Responses to Stress and Toxic Insults: Adaptation, Injury, and Death
Chapter 3: Inflammation and Repair
Chapter 4: Hemodynamic Disorders, Thromboembolic Disease, and Shock
Chapter 5: Genetic Disorders
Chapter 6: Diseases of the Immune System
Chapter 7: Neoplasia
Chapter 8: Infectious Diseases
Chapter 9: Environmental and Nutritional Diseases
Chapter 10: Diseases of Infancy and Childhood
Chapter 11: Vascular Structure and Function (p. 483)
Chapter 12: Cardiac Structure and Specializations (p. 523)
Chapter 13: Diseases of White Blood Cells, Lymph Nodes, Spleen, and Thymus
Chapter 14: Red Blood Cell and Bleeding Disorders
Chapter 15: The Lung
Chapter 16: Head and Neck
Chapter 17: The Gastrointestinal Tract
Chapter 18: Liver and Gallbladder
Chapter 19: The Pancreas
Chapter 20: The Kidney
Chapter 21: The Lower Urinary Tract and Male Genital System
Chapter 22: The Female Genital Tract
Chapter 23: The Breast
Chapter 24: The Endocrine System
Chapter 25: The Skin
Chapter 26: Bones, Joints, and Soft Tissue Tumors
Chapter 27: Peripheral Nerves and Skeletal Muscles
Chapter 28: The Central Nervous System
Chapter 29: The Eye
Richard N Mitchell, MD, PhD, Lawrence J. Henderson Professor of Pathology and Health Sciences and Technology, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Staff Pathologist, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, Vinay Kumar, MBBS, MD, FRCPath, Dr Vinay Kumar has been part of the Faculty at the Department of Biotechnology, Savitribai Phule Pune University since 2009., Abul K. Abbas, MBBS, Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California and Jon C. Aster, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School; Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, U.S.