Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Preventive Medicine - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Page Count: 448
List Price: $51.99
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Succinct yet thorough, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Preventive Medicine, 3rd Edition brings you today's best knowledge on epidemiology, biostatistics, preventive medicine, and public health—in one convenient source. You'll find the latest on healthcare policy and financing · infectious diseases · chronic disease · and disease prevention technology. This text also serves as an outstanding resource for preparing for the USMLE, and the American Board of Preventive Medicine recommends it as a top review source for its core specialty examination.
- Discusses the financial concerns and the use and limitations of screening in the prevention of symptomatic disease.
- Emphasizes the application of epidemiologic and biostatistical concepts to everyday clinical problem solving and decision making.
- Showcases important concepts and calculations inside quick-reference boxes.
- Presents abundant illustrations and well-organized tables to clarify and summarize complex concepts.
- Includes 350 USMLE-style questions and answers, complete with detailed explanations about why various choices are correct or incorrect.
- Includes the latest information on Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) · SARS · avian form of H5N1 influenza · the obesity epidemic · and more.
Basic Epidemiologic Concepts and Principles
Epidemiologic Data Sources and Measurements
Epidemiologic Surveillance and Outbreak Investigation
The Study of Causation in Epidemiologic Investigation and Research
Common Research Designs Used in Epidemiology
Assessment of Risk and Benefit in Epidemiologic Studies
Understanding Errors in Clinical Medicine
Improving Decisions in Clinical Medicine
Describing Variation in Data
Statistical Inference and Hypothesis Testing
Sample Size, Randomization, and Probability Theory
PREVENTIVE MEDICINE AND PUBLIC HEALTH
Introduction to Preventive Medicine
Methods of Primary Prevention: Health Promotion
Methods of Primary Prevention: Specific Protection
Methods of Secondary Prevention
Methods of Tertiary Prevention
The Public Health System: Structure and Function
Medical Care Organization, Policy, and Financing
Epidemiologic and Medical Glossary
James F. Jekel, MD, MPH, Professor of Epidemiology and Public Health, Emeritus, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT; Director, Griffin-Yale Residency Program in General Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Griffin Hospital, Derby, CT, David L. Katz, MD, MPH, Associate Clinical Professor of Epidemiology and Public Health and Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT; Director, Yale-Griffin Preventive Research Center, Derby, CT, Dorothea Wild, MD, MPH, Dr. Med, Associate Director, Combined Internal Medicine/Preventive Medicine Residency Program, Griffin Hospital, Derby, CT and Joann G. Elmore, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Adjunct Professor of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine