Elsevier's Integrated Review Biochemistry - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Effectively merge basic science and clinical skills with Elsevier's Integrated Review Biochemistry, by John W. Pelley, PhD. This concise, high-yield title in the popular Integrated Review Series focuses on the core knowledge in biochemistry while linking that information to related concepts from other basic science disciplines. Case-based questions at the end of each chapter enable you to gauge your mastery of the material, and a color-coded format allows you to quickly find the specific guidance you need. Online access via www.studentconsult.com - included with your purchase - allows you to conveniently access the book's complete text and illustrations online as well as relevant content from other Student Consult titles. This concise and user-friendly reference provides crucial guidance for the early years of medical training and USMLE preparation.
- Spend more time reviewing and less time searching thanks to an extremely focused, "high-yield" presentation.
- Gauge your mastery of the material and build confidence with both case-based, andUSMLE-style questions that provide effective chapter review and quick practice for your exams.
- Access the full contents online at www.studentconsult.com where you'll find the complete text and illustrations, "Integration Links" to bonus content in other Student Consult titles, an interactive community center with a wealth of additional resources, and much more!
- Grasp and retain vital concepts more easily thanks to a color-coded format, succinct,text, key concept boxes, and dynamic illustrations that facilitate learning in a highly visual approach.
- Effectively review for problem-based courses with the help of text boxes that help you clearly see the clinical relevance of the material.
Chapter 1 Acid-Base Concepts
Chapter 2 Structure and Properties of Biologic Molecules
Chapter 3 Protein Structure and Function
Chapter 4 Enzymes and Energetics
Chapter 5 Membranes and Intracellular Signal Transduction
Chapter 6 Glycolysis and Pyruvate Oxidation
Chapter 7 Citric Acid Cycle, Electron Transport Chain, and Oxidative Phosphorylation
Chapter 8 Gluconeogenesis and Glycogen Metabolism
Chapter 9 Minor Carbohydrate Pathways: Ribose, Fructose, and Galactose
Chapter 10 Fatty Acid and Triglyceride Metabolism
Chapter 11 Metabolism of Steroids and Other Lipids
Chapter 12 Amino Acid and Heme Metabolism
Chapter 13 Integration of Carbohydrate, Fat, and Amino Acid Metabolism
Chapter 14 Purine, Pyrimidine, and Single-Carbon Metabolism
Chapter 15 Organization, Synthesis, and Repair of DNA
Chapter 16 RNA Transcription and Control of Gene Expression
Chapter 17 Protein Synthesis and Degradation
Chapter 18 Recombinant DNA and Biotechnology
Chapter 19 Nutrition
Chapter 20 Tissue Biochemistry
Case Study Answers
John W. Pelley, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine, Lubbock, Texas