Infusion Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and
you will not be charged until the item ships.
With a new focus on evidence-based practice, the 3rd edition of this authoritative reference covers every aspect of infusion therapy and can be applied to any clinical setting. Completely updated content brings you the latest advances in equipment, technology, best practices, guidelines, and patient safety. Other key topics include quality management, ethical and legal issues, patient education, and financial considerations. Ideal as a practical clinical reference, this essential guide is also a perfect review tool for the CRNI examination.
- Authored by the Infusion Nurses Society, this highly respected reference sets the standard for infusion nursing practice.
- Coverage of all 9 core areas of INS certification makes this a valuable review resource for the examination.
- Material progresses from basic to advanced to help new practitioners build a solid foundation of knowledge before moving on to more advanced topics.
- Each chapter focuses on a single topic and can serve as a stand-alone reference for busy nursing professionals.
- Expanded coverage of infusion therapy equipment, product selection, and evaluation help you provide safe, effective care.
- A separate chapter on infusion therapy across the continuum offers valuable guidance for treating patients with infusion therapy needs in outpatient, long-term, and home-care, as well as hospice and ambulatory care centers.
- Extensive information on specialties addresses key areas such as oncology, pain management, blood components, and parenteral nutrition.
- An evidence-based approach and new Focus on Evidence boxes throughout the book emphasize the importance of research in achieving the best possible patient outcomes.
- The user-friendly design highlights essential information in handy boxes, tables, and lists for quick access.
- Completely updated coverage ensures you are using the most current infusion therapy guidelines available.
Section I: Infusion Therapy Overview
1. Infusion Nursing as a Specialty
2. Evidence-Based Practice
3. Quality Management
4. Legal Issues of Infusion Nursing
6. Clinician and Patient Education
7. Clinician and Patient Safety
8. Infusion Therapy Across the Continuum
9. Financial Considerations
Section II: Physiologic Considerations
10. Anatomy and Physiology Related to Infusion Therapy
11. Fluid and Electrolytes
12. Infection Prevention and Control
Section III: Infusion Therapies
13. Parenteral Fluids
14. Blood Component Therapy
16. Biologic Therapy
17. Parenteral Nutrition
18. Antineoplastic Therapy
19. Pain Management
Section IV: Infusion Delivery Systems
20. Infusion Therapy Equipment
21. Product Selection and Evaluation
Section V: Infusion Nursing Practice
22. Patient Assessment as Related to Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
23. Peripheral Venous Access Devices
24. Central Venous Access Devices: Access and Insertion
25. Central Venous Access Devices: Care, Maintenance, and Potential Complications
26. Alternative Infusion Access Devices
27. Intraspinal Access and Medication Administration
Section VI: Specialty Populations
29. Infusion Therapy in Children
30. Infusion Therapy in the Older Adult
Infusion Nurses Society, Mary Alexander, Ann Corrigan, Lisa Gorski, RN, MS, C, Judy Hankins, Coordinator, IV Admixture, Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital, Greensboro, NC and Roxanne Perucca