Veterinary Neuroanatomy and Clinical Neurology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Page Count: 544
List Price: $152.00
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
Organized by functional neurologic system, the 3rd edition of this authoritative reference provides the most up-to-date information on neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, neuropathology, and clinical neurology as it applies to small animals, horses, and food animals. Accurate diagnosis is emphasized throughout with practical guidelines for performing neurologic examinations, interpreting examination results, and formulating effective treatment plans. In-depth disease descriptions, color images, and video clips reinforce important concepts and assist with diagnosis and treatment.
- Expert authors bring more than 50 years of experience in veterinary neuroanatomy and clinical neurology to this book — Dr. Alexander DeLahunta and Dr. Eric Glass offer their unique insights from both academic and practitioner perspectives.
- Disease content is presented in a logical case study format with three distinct parts:
- Description of the disorder
- Neuroanatomic diagnosis (including how it was determined, the differential diagnosis, and any available ancillary data)
- Course of the disease (providing final clinical or necropsy diagnosis and a brief discussion of the syndrome)
- More than 600 full-color photographs and line drawings, plus approximately 150 high-quality radiographs, visually reinforce key concepts and assist in reaching accurate diagnoses.
- The book comes with free access to 370 video clips on Cornell University’s website that directly correlate to the case studies throughout the book and clearly demonstrate nearly every recognized neurologic disorder.
- High-quality MR images of the brain are presented alongside correlating stained transverse sections for in-depth study and comparison.
- Vivid photos of gross and microscopic lesions clearly illustrate the pathology of many of the disorders presented in the book.
2. Neuroanatomy by Dissection
3. Development of the Nervous System: Malformation
4. Cerebrospinal Fluid and Hydrocephalus
5. Lower Motor Neuron: Spinal
6. Lower Motor Neuron: General Somatic
7. Lower Motor Neuron: General Visceral Efferent System
8. Upper Motor Neuron
9. General Sensory Systems:
* General Prioprioception-GP
* General Somatic Afferent-GSA
10. Small Animal Spinal Cord Disease
11. Large Animal Spinal Cord Disease
12. Vestibular System: Special Proprioception (SP)
14. Visual System
15. Auditory System: Special Somatic Afferent System
16. Visceral Afferent Systems
17. Non-Olfactory Rhinencephalon: Limbic System
18. Seizure Disorders: Narcolepsy
20. The Neurologic Examination
21. Case Descriptions
Alexander de Lahunta, Eric N. Glass, MS, DVM, DACVIM (Neurology), Section Head
Red Bank Veterinary Hospital
Tinton Falls, NJ and Marc Kent, DVM, BA, DACVIM, Associate Professor and Neurologist, Department of Small Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Mediicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA