Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
This title includes additional digital media when purchased in print format. For this digital book edition, media content is not included.
There is a reason Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination has been called "the best NCLEX exam review book ever." You’ll find everything you need to review for the NCLEX exam under one cover – complete content review and over 4,500 NCLEX examination-style questions in the book and on the free companion CD! Don't make the mistake of assuming the quality of the questions is the same in all NCLEX exam review books, because only Silvestri's Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination includes the kind of questions that consistently test the critical thinking skills necessary to pass today's NCLEX exam. And, what's even better is that ALL answers include detailed rationales to help you learn from your answer choices, as well as test-taking strategies that provide tips for how to best approach each question. It's easy to see why Silvestri is THE book of choice for NCLEX examination review. But don’t just take our word for it – read any customer review or ask your classmates to see why Silvestri users believe that there's nothing else like it!
- Each question includes the correct answer, a complete rationale for all responses, and a test-taking strategy to help you develop techniques for locating the correct response.
- Each question includes a page reference to an Elsevier textbook to allow for further research and study.
- All alternate item-format questions are included, with multiple response, prioritizing, fill-in-the-blank, figure/illustration, chart/exhibit, and audio questions to prepare you for the wide variety of question types on the NCLEX-RN examination.
- Organization by nursing content area provides a logical, effective review to use throughout your nursing program.
- Pyramid Terms define key terms at the beginning of each major unit or chapter.
- Pyramid Points within each chapter highlight content that is important in preparing for the NCLEX-RN examination.
- Pyramid to Success sections provide an overview of major units or chapters and specific content related to the latest NCLEX-RN examination test plan.
- Pharmacology is emphasized with 13 pharmacology chapters, a medication and intravenous calculation chapter, and a pediatric medication calculation chapter to reflect this priority content on the NCLEX exam.
- Introductory chapters cover preparation for the NCLEX-RN exam, test-taking strategies, the NCLEX-RN exam from a student's perspective, and transitional issues for the foreign-educated nurse.
- A comprehensive exam consists of 265 questions that cover all content areas in the book and mirror the percentages identified in the NCLEX-RN examination test plan.
- A companion Evolve website allows practice in quiz, study, or exam modes, with questions selected from content area, integrated process, category of client need, or alternate item-format type.
- Completely updated content is based on the new NCLEX-RN examination test plan, effective April 2010.
- A total of 4,500 questions ensure that you're thoroughly prepared for the content covered on the NCLEX-RN Exam.
- New chapter on physical assessment highlights the key components of physical examination and health history often encountered on the NCLEX exam.
- Audio and video questions on the Evolve website provide experience with these new types of questions before the exam.
- Unique! Audio review summaries included on the Evolve website cover the three core areas of pharmacology, fluids and electrolytes, and acid-base balance.
- Expanded coverage of prioritization, delegation, and nursing leadership and management provides critical information for these growing areas of nursing.
- Unique! Priority Nursing Actions boxes outline and explain clinical emergent situations requiring immediate action, including detailed rationales and textbook references to help strengthen your prioritizing skills in clinical and testing situations.
- Pyramid Alert boxes highlight important nursing concepts to help you focus on the content that is most frequently tested on the NCLEX examination.
Unit I: NCLEX-RN Exam Preparation 1. The NCLEX-RN Examination 2. Preparation for the NCLEX-RN Exam: Transitional Issues for the Foreign-Educated Nurse 3. Pathways to Success 4. The NCLEX-RN Examination: From a Graduate's Perspective 5. Test-Taking Strategies Unit II: Issues in Nursing 6. Cultural Diversity and Health Practices 7. Ethical and Legal Issues 8. Leadership, Delegating, and Prioritizing Client Care Unit III: Nursing Sciences 9. Fluids and Electrolytes 10. Acid-Base Balance 11. Laboratory Values 12. Nutrition 13. Parenteral Nutrition 14. Intravenous Therapy 15. Administration of Blood Products Unit IV: Fundamental Skills 16. Provisions of a Safe Environment 17. Administration of Medication and Intravenous Solutions 18. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Guidelines for Healthcare Providers 19. Perioperative Nursing Care 20. Positioning Clients 21. Care of a Client with a Tube Unit V: Maternity Nursing 22. Female Reproductive System 23. Obstetrical Assessment 24. Prenatal Period 25. Risk Conditions Related to Pregnancy 26. Labor and Delivery 27. Problems with Labor and Delivery 28. The Postpartum Period 29. Postpartum Complications 30. Care of the Newborn 31. Maternity and Newborn Medications Unit VI: Growth and Development Across the Life Span 32. Theories of Growth and Development 33. Developmental Stages 34. Health and Physical Assessment of the Adult Client 35. Care of the Older Client Unit VII: Pediatric Nursing 36. Neurological, Cognitive, and Psychosocial Disorders 37. Eye, Ear, and Throat Disorders 38. Respiratory Disorders 39. Cardiovascular Disorders 40. Gastrointestinal Disorders 41. Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders 42. Renal and Urinary Disorders 43. Integumentary Disorders 44. Musculoskeletal Disorders 45. Hematological Disorders 46. Oncological Disorders 47. Acquired Immunodefiency Syndrome 48. Infectious and Communicable Diseases 49. Pediatric Medication Administration and Calculations Unit VIII: The Adult Client with an Integumentary Disorder 50. Integumentary System 51. Integumentary Medications Unit IX: The Adult Client with an Oncological Disorder 52. Oncological Disorders 53. Antineoplastic Medications Unit X: The Adult Client with an Endocrine Disorder 54. Endocrine System 55. Endocrine Medications Unit XI: The Adult Client with a Gastrointestinal Disorder 56. Gastrointestinal System 57. Gastrointestinal Medications Unit XII: The Adult Client with a Respiratory Disorder 58. Respiratory System 59. Respiratory Medications Unit XIII: The Adult Client with a Cardiovascular Disorder 60. Cardiovascular Disorders 61. Cardiovascular Medications Unit XIV: The Adult Client with a Renal System Disorder 62. Renal System 63. Renal Medications Unit XV: The Adult Client with an Eye or Ear Disorder 64. The Eye and the Ear 65. Ophthalmic and Otic Medications Unit XVI: The Adult Client with a Neurological Disorder 66. Neurological System 67. Neurological Medications Unit XVII: The Adult Client with a Musculoskeletal Disorder 68. Musculoskeletal System 69. Musculoskeletal Medications Unit XVIII: The Adult Client with an Immune Disorder 70. Immune Disorders 71. Immunologic Medications Unit XIX: The Adult Client with a Mental Health Disorder 72. Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing 73. Models of Care 74. Mental Health Disorders 75. Addictions 76. Crisis Theory and Intervention 77. Psychiatric Medications Unit XX: Comprehensive Test Index
Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, Instructor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, RI; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Charlestown, RI