Online Internship for Medical Coding 2013 Edition (Access Card),
Developed by leading coding author and educator Carol J. Buck, Online Internship for Medical Coding 2013 Edition simulates the work experience of an actual coding internship to help you hit the ground running in your first job. Practice applying the concepts you've learned in Buck's Step-by-Step Medical Coding and The Next Step, Advanced Medical Coding, and prove your proficiency coding in 18 specialties with an online portfolio you can print out to show potential employers.
- 18 engaging modules replicate the workload of a multi-specialty medical practice with physicians on staff.
- More than 500 total reports, including 30 reports in each module, progress gradually from easy to difficult.
- Answers and rationales help you understand the reasoning behind a proper coding sequence.
- Printable portfolio of results enables you to produce examples of your work, share your practice exam grades, and compile a list of completed reports to demonstrate your proficiency to potential employers.
- Trial and practice exams are included for each module to help you assess your understanding.
- Program locking enables you to keep patient information private when on away from your desk.
- Course orientation guides you through all the features and benefits of the online internship.
Updated content gives you practice with the latest coding information available.
Module 1. Evaluation and Management
Module 2. Anesthesia
Module 3. Cardiology
Module 4. Integumentary
Module 5. Emergency Medicine
Module 6. Medicine
Module 7. Gastroenterology
Module 8. Pulmonary
Module 9. Neurology and Ophthalmology
Module 10. OB/GYN
Module 11. Orthopedics
Module 12. Otorhinolaryngology
Module 13. Pathology
Module 14. Pediatrics, Neonatology, and Adolescent Medicine
Module 15. Diagnostic Radiology
Module 16. Interventional Radiology and Radiation Oncology
Module 17. Urology
Module 18. General Surgery
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN