Study Guide for Understanding Nursing Research - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Get a better understanding of the research process and learn how to appraise and apply your findings to the clinical setting with the Study Guide for Understanding Nursing Research, 6th Edition. This new edition incorporates an expanded focus on evidence-based practice, Web-Based Activities and three published research studies referenced throughout the book. This study guide walks you through each chapter in the textbook to reinforce your understanding of important concepts.
- Learning activities for each textbook chapter review and reinforce key concepts and offer application to evidence-based clinical practice.
- Time-tested and innovative exercises promote in-depth learning with Introductions, Key Terms exercises, Key Ideas exercises, Making Connections exercises, crossword puzzles, Exercises in Critical Appraisal, and Going Beyond exercises.
- Hands-on practice with three published research studies allows you to apply your knowledge and gain practice in working with the kinds of articles you will use to build an evidence-based practice.
- Answer key for all activities lets you check your understanding and learn from your mistakes.
- An expanded focus on evidence-based practice and new case studies shows the value of understanding the research process and applying it for an evidence-based nursing practice.
- Three new full-text research articles serve as the basis for hands-on practice in each chapter.
1. Introduction to Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice
2. Introduction to Quantitative Research
3. Introduction to Qualitative Research
4. Examining Ethics in Nursing Research
5. Research Problems, Purposes, and Hypotheses
6. Understanding and Critically Appraising the Literature Review
7. Understanding Theory and Research Frameworks
8. Clarifying Quantitative Research Designs
9. Examining Populations and Samples in Research
10. Clarifying Measurement and Data Collection in Quantitative Research
11. Understanding Statistics in Research
12. Critical Appraisal of Quantitative and Qualitative Research for Nursing Practice
13. Building an Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
14. Outcomes Research
Appendices: Published Studies
Susan K. Grove, PhD, RN, ANP-BC, GNP-BC, Professor Emerita, College of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Adult Nurse Practitioner, Family Practice, Grand Prairie, Texas, Jennifer R. Gray, PhD, RN, FAAN, Dean, College of Professional Studies, Oklahoma Christian University, Edmond, Oklahoma; Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas and Nancy Burns, PhD, RN, FCN, FAAN, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Faith Community Nurse, St. Matthew Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Burleson, Texas