Does your instructor plan to use this product on Evolve (instead of a school's LMS - like Blackboard, etc)?
Corresponding to the chapters in Davi-Ellen Chabner's Medical Terminology: A Short Course, Medical Terminology Online offers a fun, interactive way to help you master basic and essential medical vocabulary. Dynamic online modules feature threaded case studies that introduce medical terminology related to the care of patients with specific medical conditions. Narrated animations and slide shows clearly demonstrate the meaning and use of common medical terms, while engaging exercises challenge you to apply medical terms to real-world scenarios.
- Outcome-based learning approach provides objectives for each module, with short quizzes following each section to help you measure your progress.
- Interactive exercises throughout the lessons help you learn and remember medical terms with flash cards, case studies, pronunciations, word building, labeling, listen and spell, image association, pop-up review, matching, and true/false activities.
- Narrated animations and slide shows clearly demonstrate physiologic processes and help you master difficult concepts.
- Threaded case studies follow a patient with a particular medical condition throughout an entire module to show the real-life applications of medical terminology.
- Catch That? activities reinforce your understanding before you move on to the next section.
- 6,000-term English/Spanish medical glossary includes terms and definitions in both languages.
- Medical record activities and case studies with embedded questions familiarize students with the different types of entries in the medical record.
- End-of-module exams test your knowledge of medical terms.
- NEW student-friendly features allow you to use tablets to complete this online course.
- NEW terms and abbreviations keep you up to date with the latest advances in technology and changes in health care delivery.
Module 1: Basic Word Structure
Module 2: Organization of the Body
Module 3: Suffixes
Module 4: Prefixes
Module 5: Medical Specialists and Case Reports
Module 6: Body Systems