Medical Terminology Online for Medical Terminology: A Short Course (eCommerce Version), 7th Edition
Medical Terminology Online is a fun, interactive way to help you master the medical vocabulary presented in Davi-Ellen Chabner's Medical Terminology: A Short Course, 6th Edition. Corresponding to the chapters in the textbook, dynamic online modules feature threaded case studies that introduce you to the medical terminology related to the care of patients with specific medical conditions. Video clips, animations, and slide shows clearly demonstrate the meaning and use of common medical terms, while engaging exercises challenge you to apply medical terms to real-world scenarios.
- Outcome-based learning approach provides objectives for each module, with quizzes and exams following each section to help you measure your progress.
- Narrated animations and slide shows clearly demonstrate physiologic processes and help you master difficult concepts.
- Interactive exercises help you learn and remember medical terms with flash cards, case studies, pronunciation, word building, labeling, listen and spell, image association, pop-up review, matching, and true/false activities.
- Threaded case studies follow a patient with a particular medical condition throughout an entire module to show the real-life applications of medical terminology.
- Catch That? activities reinforce your understanding before moving on to the next section.
- Medical record activities familiarize you with the different types of entries in the medical record.
- End-of-module exams test your knowledge of medical terms.
- 5,000-term English/Spanish medical glossary includes terms and definitions in both languages.
- NEW terms and abbreviations keep you up to date with the latest advances in technology and changes in health care delivery.
- NEW Take It In case study-based activity asks you to read a clinical vignette then answer questions related to the content.
- Streamlined format for medical reports lets you answer questions immediately after reading the relevant section.
Module 1: Basic Word Structure Module 2: Organization of the Body Module 3: Suffixes Module 4: Prefixes Module 5: Medical Specialists and Case Reports Module 6: Body Systems
Davi-Ellen Chabner, BA, MAT, Newton Centre, MA