Pharmacology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
Pharmacology, 4th Edition helps you master the "must-know" concepts in this subject and how they apply to everyday clinical problem solving and decision making. This concise yet comprehensive text clearly explains and illustrates challenging concepts and helps you retain the material - from course exams and the USMLE Step 1 right through to clinical practice.
- Quickly reference essential information thanks to abundant tables throughout, and drug classification boxes at the beginning of each chapter.
- See how pharmacology applies to practice with real-world case studies.
- Prepare for exams with self-assessment questions at the end of each chapter.
- Understand complex concepts visually with the aid of superb full-color illustrations.
- Access the complete contents online at www.studentconsult.com, along with an additional glossary, chapter-by-chapter summaries and case studies, a full list of featured drugs, 150 USMLE-style questions, animations, and more.
- Learn the latest pharmacologic mechanisms and applications with new and updated drug information throughout.
- Be aware of new "off label" uses, including important FDA regulations.
Section I: Principles of Pharmacology Chapter 1 Introduction to Pharmacology Chapter 2 Pharmacokinetics Chapter 3 Pharmacodynamics Chapter 4 Drug Development and Safety
Section II: Autonomic and Neuromuscular Pharmacology Chapter 5 Intorduction to Autonomic and Neuromuscular Pharmacology Chapter 6 Acetylcholine Receptor Agents Chapter 7 Acetylcholine Receptor Agonists Chapter 8 Adrenoceptor Agonists Chapter 9 Adrenoceptor Antagonists
Section III: Cardiovascular, Renal and Hematological Pharmacology Chapter 10 Antihypertensive Drugs Chapter 11 Antianginal Drugs Chapter 12 Drugs for Heart Failure Chapter 13 Diuretics Chapter 14 Antiarrythmic Drugs Chapter 15 Drugs for Hyperlipidemia Chapter 16 Anticoagulant, Antiplatelet, and Fibrionolytic Drugs Chapter 17 Hematopoietic Drugs
Section IV: Central Nervous System Pharmacology Chapter 18 Introduction to Central Nervous System Pharmacology Chapter 19 Sedative-Hypnotic and Axiolytic Drugs Chapter 20 Antiepileptic Drugs Chapter 21 Local and General Anesthetics Chapter 22 Psychotherapeutic Drugs Chapter 23 Opioid Analgesics and Antagonists Chapter 24 Drugs for Neurodegenerative Diseases Chapter 25 Drugs of Abuse
Section V: Pharmacology of the Respiratory and Other Systems Chapterr 26 Autocoid Drugs Chapter 27 Drugs for Respiratory Tract Disorders Chapter 28 Drugs for Gastrointestinal Tract Disorders Chapter 29 Drugs for Headache Disorders Chapter 30 Drugs for Pain, Inflammation, and Arthritic Disorders
Section VI: Endocrine Pharmacology Chapter 31 Hypothalmic and Pituitary Drugs Chapter 33 Adrenal Steroids and Regulated Drugs Chapter 34 Drugs Affecting Fertility and Reproduction Chapter 35 Drugs for Diabetes Mellitus Chapter 36 Drugs Affecting Calcium and Bone
Section VII: Chemotherapy Chapter 37 Principles of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy Chapter 38 Inhibitors of Bacterial Cell Wall Synthesis Chapter 39 Inhibitors of Bacterial Protein Synthesis Chapter 40 Quinolones, Antifolate Drugs, and Other Antimicrobial Agents Chapter 41 Antimycobacterial Drugs Chapter 42 Antifungal Drugs Chapter 43 Antiviral Drugs Chapter 44 Antiparasitic Drugs Chapter 45 Antineoplastic and Immunomodulating Drugs
George M. Brenner, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Pharmacology, Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Tulsa, OK and Craig W. Stevens, Professor, Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, Tulsa, OK, USA