2013 ICD-10-PCS Draft Edition - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource,
Build or assign procedure codes accurately with Carol J. Buck's 2013 ICD-10-PCS Draft Manual. Using Netter's Anatomy illustrations along with the ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, this handy reference simplifies the procedure coding system by giving you the information and tables you need to ensure accurate billing and optimal reimbursement for hospital-based medical services.
- Coverage of ICD-10-PCS codes prepares you for the new code set replacing ICD-9-CM Volume 3 for hospital-based, inpatient procedures.
- UPDATED 2013 Official Draft Code set includes the ICD-10 codes needed for inpatient procedure coding.
- ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting are included in full for fast, easy access to coding rules when you need them.
- UNIQUE! 32 full-color Netter anatomy images are included in the front of the book and cross referenced within the coding tables, helping you understand anatomy and how it affects coding.
- Age and Sex edits identify the codes associated with age and sex limitations in the Definition of Medicare Code Edits, so you can accurately detect inconsistencies between a patient's age and sex and any diagnosis or procedure on the patient's record.
- New, full color tables make it easier to build the proper code.
Guide to the 2013 ICD-10-PCS Updates
Introduction – ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
A. Medical and Surgical
4. Measurement and Monitoring
5. Extracorporeal Assistance and Performance
6. Extracorporeal Therapies
8. Other Procedures
C. Nuclear Medicine
D. Radiation Oncology
F. Physical Rehabilitation and Diagnostic Audiology
G. Mental Health
H. Substance Abuse Treatment
Appendix A: Definitions
Appendix B: Body Part Key
Appendix C: Device Key
Appendix D: Device Aggregation Table
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN