Workbook in Practical Neonatology,5th Edition
Workbook in Practical Neonatology provides authoritative guidance on neonatal evaluation and management of the problems that you are most likely to see in practice. Meticulous revisions and updates incorporate advances in neonatal care, including hypotension, mechanical ventilation, and early discharge. An ideal learning tool for beginners and a valuable reference for experienced healthcare professionals, its interactive, case-based approach allows you see to diagnosis and treatment in a clinical context and test your knowledge with review questions and answers for each topic.
- Put concepts into practice. Each chapter features case histories that require you to make diagnostic decisions and that help you understand how scientific concepts apply to each clinical problem.
- Gauge your mastery of the material and build confidence. Copious review questions and answers help you test your knowledge.
- Stay current the latest advancements and developments. All content has been completely re-written and fully updated to include a new chapter on perinatal asphyxia l new true-to-life clinical cases l changes in NRP guidelines for resuscitation l new approaches to managing patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) and feeding the preterm infant l new guidelines for managing preterm infants with respiratory distress and more.
- Experience clinical scenarios with vivid clarity. An online image library (many in full color) and 5 streaming Echocardiograph and Fluroscopic image video clips show you what to expect and how to proceed.
- Access the full text, image gallery, and video clips online at expertconsult.inkling.com which includes a complimentary eBook version.
1. Neonatal Resuscitation
2. Perinatal Asphyxia
3. Fluid and Electrolyte Management in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit
4. Glucose Metabolism
5. Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia
6. Parenteral Nutrition
7. Enteral Nutrition
9. Respiratory Distress Syndrome
10. Principles of Mechanical Ventilation
11. Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
12. Neonatal Apnea
13. Neonatal Sepsis
14. Patent Ductus Arteriosus
15. Neonatal Hypotension
16. Congenital Heart Disease in the Newborn Period
17. Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn and Hypoxemic Respiratory Failure
18. Renal Failure in Neonates
19. Neonatal Seizures
20. Intraventricular Hemorrhage
21. Surgical Emergencies in the Newborn
22. Necrotizing Enterocolitis
Richard A. Polin, MD, William T. Speck Professor of Pediatrics, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University; Director, Division of Neonatology, Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of New York - Presbyterian, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York and Mervin C. Yoder, MD, Distinguished Professor, Richard and Pauline Klingler Professor, Pediatrics; Assistant Dean, Entrepreneurial Research; Associate Director, Entrepreneurship, Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute, Indiana University School of Medicine; Associate Chair, Basic Research, Attending Neonatologist, Riley Hospital for Children, Indianapolis, Indiana