Medical Language Instant Translator - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
The Medical Language Instant Translator, 5th Edition equips you with the quick-reference information you need to understand even the most complicated and specialized medical terminology. This handy pocket book gives you instant access to everything from the top 100 prescription drugs to medical abbreviations, symbols, and acronyms. Based on Chabner’s The Language of Medicine, this practical resource is ideal for any health care environment.
- Quick, portable access to key medical terms and other need-to-know information.
- Common diagnostic tests and procedures.
- Easily confused medical terms.
- Overview of body systems anatomy with full-color illustrations.
- Medical abbreviations, acronyms, symbols and more!
- NEW! Updated terms and definitions.
- NEW! Updated topics, including professional organizations and diagnostic categories.
Unit I - The Language of Medicine
- How to Analyze Medical Terms
- Glossary of Word Parts Used in Medical Terminology
- Medical Terms Easily Confused
- Specialized Terms Used in Medical Records
- Definitions of Diagnostic Tests and Procedures
- Abbreviations for Selected Health Care Organizations, Associations, and Agencies
- Professional Designations for Health Care Providers
- Surgical Terminology and Technology
- Surgical Instruments
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine Terms
- Common Drugs and Their Uses
- Major Diagnostic Categories and Diagnosis-Related Groups (DRGs)
- Normal Hematologic Reference Values and Implications of Abnormal Results
Medical Word Parts to English
English to Medical Word Parts
Radiology, Ultrasound, and Other Imaging Procedures
Nuclear Medicine Scans
Unit II - Useful Information
Blood Cell Counts
Red Blood Cell Tests
Unit III - Body Systems Illustrations
- Index of Body Systems Illustrations
- Cardiovascular System (Aorta & Major Arteries)
- Cardiovascular System (Heart)
- Digestive System
- Endocrine System
- Integumentary System (Skin)
- Lymphatic System
- Muscles (Anterior Superficial)
- Muscles (Posterior Superficial)
- Nervous System
- Female Reproductive System
- Male Reproductive System
- Respiratory System
- Skeletal System
- Urinary System
Davi-Ellen Chabner, BA, MAT, Newton Centre, MA