2016 ICD-10-PCS Standard Edition,
Select and build procedure codes accurately with Carol J. Buck's 2016 ICD-10-PCS: Standard Edition. Designed by coders for coders, this practical manual includes all the ICD-10-PCS codes needed for today’s inpatient procedure coding. As coders need more extensive knowledge to work with ICD-10-PCS — and to choose from the thousands of possible codes — this edition provides an essential background in A&P, pathology, and medical terminology, along with colorful Netter’s Anatomy illustrations and tables organized to help you choose and build procedure codes. Together, these features make procedure coding faster and easier. Also included is a companion website with the latest coding news and updates!
- UNIQUE! Full-color Netter’s Anatomy art is provided in the front of the book to help you understand complex anatomic information and how it may affect choosing codes.
- Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCRs) are listed in full for fast, easy access to coding rules.
- Convenient Guide to the Updates lists all new, revised, and deleted codes, providing at-a-glance lookup of the annual changes.
- Two-color design provides an economical version of this ICD-10-PCS coding manual.
- Codingupdates.com companion website includes the latest changes to the ICD coding system.
- NEW! 2016 ICD-10-PCS: Standard Edition replaces Carol Buck’s ICD-9-CM, Volume 3; this manual includes 16 sections filled with tables to help you determine selection of inpatient procedure codes.
- UPDATED 2016 Official Code set reflects the latest ICD-10-PCS codes needed for procedure coding.
ICD-10-PCS Symbols and Conventions
Guide to the 2015 Updates
ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
Netter’s Anatomy Illustrations
0. Medical and Surgical
4. Measurement and Monitoring
5. Extracorporeal Assistance and Performance
6. Extracorporeal Therapies
8. Other Procedures
C. Nuclear Medicine
D. Radiation Oncology
F. Physical Rehabilitation and Diagnostic Audiology
G. Mental Health
H. Substance Abuse Treatment
Appendix A: Definitions
Appendix B: Body Part Key
Appendix C: Device Key
Appendix D: Device Aggregate Table
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN