Section I: Introduction to Physical Rehabilitation
- History of Canine Physical Rehabilitation
- Regulatory and Practice Issues for the Veterinary and Physical Therapy Professions
- Conceptual Overview of Physical Therapy, Veterinary Medicine, and Canine Rehabilitation
Section II: Basic Science of Veterinary Rehabilitation
- Tissue Healing: Tendons, Ligaments, Bone, Muscles, and Cartilage
- Responses of Musculoskeletal Tissues to Disuse and Remobilization
- Exercise Physiology of the Canine Athlete – NEW!
Section III: Patient Assessment and Management
- Orthopedic and Neurologic Examination
- Canine Locomotion Analysis
- The Physical Rehabilitation Evaluation – NEW!
- Assessing and Measuring Outcomes
- Rehabilitating the Painful Patient: Pain Management in Physical Rehabilitation – NEW!
- The Role of Chondroprotectants, Nutraceuticals, and Nutrition in Rehabilitation Nursing Care of the Rehabilitation Patient – NEW!
- Nursing Care of the Rehabilitation Patient – NEW!
- Devices for Ambulation Assistance in Companion Animals – NEW!
Section IV: Therapeutic Modalities
- Superficial Thermal Modalities
- Electrical Stimulation – NEW!
- Therapeutic Lasers in Canine Rehabilitation – NEW!
- Applications of Extracorporeal Shock Wave in Small Animal Practice – NEW!
- Other Modalities in Veterinary Rehabilitation – NEW!
Section V: Therapeutic Exercise and Manual Therapy
- Biomechanics of Physical Rehabilitation and Kinematics of Exercise – NEW!
- Range-of-Motion and Stretching Exercises
- Joint Mobilization – NEW!
- Exercises for Proprioception, Balance, and Joint Position Awareness
- Therapeutic Exercises: Early Limb Use Exercises
- Therapeutic Exercises: Joint Motion, Strengthening, Endurance and Speed Exercises
Section VI: Physical Therapy for Specific Diagnoses
- Common Orthopedic Conditions and Their Physical Rehabilitation
- Common Conditions and Physical Rehabilitation of the Athletic Patient – NEW!
- Neurologic Conditions and Physical Rehabilitation of the Neurologic Patient
- Physical Rehabilitation for Geriatric and Arthritic Patients
- Physical Therapy for Wound Care – NEW!
- Physical Rehabilitation for the Critically Injured Veterinary Patient
- Development of a Rehabilitation Facility for Small Animals and Business Considerations
Appendix 1: Protocol Development and Protocols
Appendix 2: Manufacturers of Supplies and Equipment – NEW!