Do you need a code to access this on your school's LMS (like Blackboard, etc.)?
Gain confidence in performing clinical nursing skills! Corresponding to Potter and Perry's Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing, 5th Edition, Nursing Skills Online 3.0 lets you review procedures before you perform them in the clinical setting. Developed for Canadian health care practice, this course includes 18 modules with realistic, case-based lessons that focus on the skills that are more difficult to master or pose the greatest risk to patient safety. Each lesson uses videos, animations, and slide shows, as well as a content overview, textbook reading assignments, interactive exercises, and self-assessment tests to make learning easier and more dynamic. Feedback from hundreds of students indicates that they value the time spent using Nursing Skills Online and credit it with helping them improve their grades!
- Case-based/problem-oriented approach provides real-life patient scenarios for 66 essential skills, and also includes 900 interactive activities, 1,100 images, 130 video clips, and 95 animations and slide shows.
- Learning activities help you develop skills in the application of information, critical thinking, decision-making, and evaluation.
- Self-assessment exercises allow you to test your knowledge of key concepts and include immediate feedback with correct answers and rationales.
- Objectives, equipment lists, and delegation responsibilities are highlighted at the beginning of each lesson to focus your attention on this important information.
- Canadian contributors provide the right amount of nursing fundamentals content and a Canadian context for nursing care — preparing you for success in the classroom, the clinical setting, and on the CRNE examination.
- A bulleted format and small learning segments make it easier for you to absorb and retain information.
- Repeatable exams for each lesson provide an immediate score upon completion including rationales for correct responses.
- Printable procedure guidelines make it easy to study or review anytime, anywhere.
- NEW! QSEN-correlated exercises highlight the six Quality and Safety Education for Nurses core competencies, including safety considerations, patient centered care, evidence-based practice, teamwork and collaboration, quality improvement, and keys to communication.
- NEW video clips demonstrate updated clinical skills and techniques.
- NEW photos show the latest in techniques and equipment.
- NEW! Incorporation of the newest evidence-based standards reflects guidelines from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices and The Joint Commission.
1. Vital Signs
2. Infection Control
3. Safe Medication Administration
4. Nonparenteral Medication Administration
6. IV Medication Administration
8. Airway Management
9. Chest Tubes
10. IV Fluid Administration
11. IV Fluid Therapy Management
12. Blood Therapy
13. Vascular Access
14. Enteral Nutrition
15. Specimen Collection
16. Urinary Catheterization
17. Bowel Management/Ostomy
18. Wound Care