Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Lewis, Medical-Surgical Nursing in Canada, 3rd Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and the NCLEX® exam. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading Canadian content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, summary tables, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable NCLEX® exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system diseases, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the NCLEX® examination.
Section One – Concepts in Nursing Practice
1. Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing Practice In Canada
2. Cultural Competence and Health Equity in Nursing Care
3. Health History and Physical Examination
4. Patient and Caregiver Teaching
5. Chronic Illness
6. Community-Based Nursing and Home Care
7. Older Adults
8. Stress and Stress Management
9. Sleep and Sleep Disorders
11. Substance Abuse
12. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
13. Palliative Care at the End of Life
Section Two – Pathophysiologic Mechanisms of Disease
14. Inflammation and Wound Healing
16. Altered Immune Responses and Transplantation
17. Infection and Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection
19. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
Section Three – Perioperative Care
20. Nursing Management: Preoperative Care
21. Nursing Management: Intraoperative Care
22. Nursing Management: Postoperative Care
Section Four – Problems Related to Altered Sensory Input
23. Nursing Assessment: Visual and Auditory Systems
24. Nursing Management: Visual and Auditory Problems
25. Nursing Assessment: Integumentary System
26. Nursing Management: Integumentary Problems
27. Nursing Management: Burns
Section Five – Problems of Oxygenation: Ventilation
28. Nursing Assessment: Respiratory System
29. Nursing Management: Upper Respiratory Problems
30. Nursing Management: Lower Respiratory Problems
31. Nursing Management: Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases
Section Six – Problems of Oxygenation: Transport
32. Nursing Assessment: Hematological System
33. Nursing Management: Hematological Problems
Section Seven – Problems of Oxygenation: Perfusion
34. Nursing Assessment: Cardiovascular System
35. Nursing Management: Hypertension
36. Nursing Management: Coronary Artery Disease and Acute Coronary Syndrome
37. Nursing Management: Heart Failure
38. Nursing Management: Dysrhythmias
39. Nursing Management: Inflammatory and Structural Heart Disorders
40. Nursing Management: Vascular Disorders
Section Eight – Problems of Ingestion, Digestion, Absorption, and Elimination
41. Nursing Assessment: Gastrointestinal System
42. Nursing Management: Nutritional Problems
43. Nursing Management: Obesity
44. Nursing Management: Upper Gastrointestinal Problems
45. Nursing Management: Lower Gastrointestinal Problems
46. Nursing Management: Liver, Pancreas, and Biliary Tract Problems
Section Nine – Problems of Urinary Function
47. Nursing Assessment: Urinary System
48. Nursing Management: Renal and Urologic Problems
49. Nursing Management: Acute Kidney Injury and Chronic Kidney Disease
Section Ten – Problems Related to Regulatory and Reproductive Mechanisms
50.Nursing Assessment: Endocrine System
51. Nursing Management: Endocrine Problems
52. Nursing Management: Diabetes Mellitus
53. Nursing Assessment: Reproductive System
54. Nursing Management: Breast Disorders
55. Nursing Management: Sexually Transmitted Infections
56. Nursing Management: Female Reproductive Problems
57. Nursing Management: Male Reproductive Problems
Section Eleven – Problems Related to Movement and Coordination
58. Nursing Assessment: Nervous System
59. Nursing Management: Acute Intracranial Problems
60. Nursing Management: Stroke
61. Nursing Management: Chronic Neurologic Problems
62. Nursing Management: Delirium, Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias
63. Nursing Management: Peripheral Nerve and Spinal Cord Problems
64. Nursing Assessment: Musculoskeletal System
65. Nursing Manage