Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing,5th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing, 5th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and the NCLEX® exam. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, summary tables, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable NCLEX® exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced nursing educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as del0egation, multi-system diseases, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and the NCLEX® examination.
Unit 1: Health and Health Care in Canada
1. Health and Wellness
2. The Canadian Health Care Delivery System
3. The Development of Nursing in Canada
4. Community Health Nursing Practice
Unit 2: Foundations of Nursing Practice
5. Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice
6. Research as a Basis for Practice
7. Nursing Values and Ethics
8. Legal Implications in Nursing Practice
9. Global Health, Culture, and Ethnicity
10. Nursing Leadership, Management, and Collaborative Practice
Unit 3: Approaches to Nursing Care
11. Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice
12. Nursing Assessment and Diagnosis
13. Planning and Implementing Nursing Care
14. Evaluation of Nursing Care
15. Documenting and Reporting
16. Nursing Informatics
Unit 4: Working with Clients and Families
18. Caring in Nursing Practice
19. Family Nursing
20. Client Education
Unit 5: Caring Throughout the Lifespan
21. Developmental Theories
22. Conception Through Adolescence
23. Young to Middle Adulthood
24. Older Adulthood
Unit 6: Psychosocial Considerations
27. Spiritual Health
28. The Experience of Loss, Death, and Grief
29. Stress and Adaptation
Unit 7: Scientific Basis for Nursing Practice
30. Vital Signs
31. Health Assessment and Physical Examination
32. Infection Control
33. Medication Administration
34. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Unit 8: Basic Physiological Needs
35. Activity and Exercise
38. Cardiopulmonary Functioning and Oxygenation
39. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balances
41. Pain Assessment and Management
43. Urinary Elimination
44. Bowel Elimination
Unit 9: Clients with Special Needs
45. Mobility and Immobility
46. Skin Integrity and Wound Care
47. Sensory Alterations
48. Care of Surgical Clients
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services
St. Louis, MO