Community Health Nursing in Canada - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
With concise, focused coverage, Community Health Nursing in Canada, 3rd Edition introduces you to all of the necessary concepts, skills, and practice of community health nursing. This comprehensive text from leading nursing educators also addresses the increasing awareness of social justice and the impact of society on individual health, with a shift from individual-centred care to population- and community-centred care. In this constantly evolving field, Community Health Nursing in Canada helps you develop the necessary skills to apply what you’ve learned in the practice setting.
- UNIQUE! Evidence-Informed Practice boxes illustrate how to apply the latest research findings in community health nursing.
- Levels of Prevention boxes give examples of primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention related to community health nursing practice.
- Ethical Considerations boxes provide examples of ethical situations and relevant principles involved in making informed decisions in community health nursing practice.
- UNIQUE! Chapter Indigenous Health: Working with First Nations Peoples, Inuit, and Métis chapter details community health nursing in Aboriginal communities.
- UNIQUE! Determinants of Health boxes highlight these critical factors contributing to an individual’s health.
- How To boxes provide specific, application-oriented information.
- Chapter Summary sections provide a helpful summary of the key points within each chapter.
- NEW! CHN in Practice boxes provide unique case studies to help you develop your assessment and critical thinking skills.
- NEW! Cultural Considerations boxes present culturally diverse scenarios that offer questions for reflection and class discussion.
Unit 1: Background and Roles for Community Health Nursing
1. Community Health Nursing 2. The Evolution of Community Health Nursing in Canada 3. Community Health Nursing in Canada: Settings, Functions, and Roles
Unit 2: Community Health Foundations and Principles
4. Health Promotion 5. Evidence-Informed Practice in Community Health Nursing 6. Ethics in Community Health Nursing Practice 7. Diversity and Relational Practice in Community Health Nursing 8. Epidemiological Applications 9. Working With the Community 10. Health Program Planning and Evaluation
Unit 3: Stakeholders and Populations of Community Health Nursing Practice
11. Working With the Individual as Client: Health and Wellness Across the Lifespan 12. Working With Families 13. Working with Groups, Teams, and Partners 14. Indigenous Health: Working with First Nations People, Inuit, and Métis 15. Working With Vulnerable Populations
Unit 4: Specific Domains of Community Health Practice
16. Communicable and Infectious Disease Prevention and Control 17. Environmental Health 18. Disaster Management
Marcia Stanhope, PhD, RN, FAAN, Education and Practice Consultant and Professor Emerita
College of Nursing
University of Kentucky
Lexington, Kentucky and Jeanette Lancaster, PhD, RN, FAAN, Sadie Heath Cabiness Professor and Dean Emerita
School of Nursing
University of Virginia
Associate, Tuft & Associates, Inc.