Study Guide for Nursing Research in Canada - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
Corresponding to chapters in Nursing Research in Canada, 4th Edition, this companion study guide enriches your understanding of nursing research and evidence-informed practice. Easy to understand and set entirely within a Canadian context, the new edition examines the various roles of research in nursing, application and analysis, and coverage of evidence-informed practice. The companion study guide allows you to further practice and hone the critiquing skills discussed in the textbook. Each chapter includes a wide-variety of activities including fill-in-the-blank questions, matching exercises, puzzles, and more that correlates with clinical practice experiences. This must-have companion will help you to fully understand important skills, concepts, and procedures!
- Introduction and Learning Outcomes at the start of each chapter help you focus on key content.
- Activities and exercises help you master the material and include crossword puzzles, fill-in-the-blank and matching-column exercises, and student group activities.
- Additional activities refer you to current research studies in the text.
- Answers to Activities and Post-Tests at the end of each chapter facilitate self-study and provide immediate feedback for material comprehension.
- NEW! Updated content corresponds to the 4th edition of the text.
- NEW! Evidence-Informed Practice and Web-based Activities featured in each chapter.
- NEW! Revised Web-based Activities require you review and critically evaluate internet-based information.
Part I: Research Overview 1. The Role of Research in Nursing 2. Theoretical Framework 3. Critical Reading Strategies: Overview of the Research Process 4. Developing Research Questions, Hypotheses, and Clinical Questions 5. Finding and Appraising the Literature 6. Legal and Ethical Issues
Part II: Qualitative Research 7. Introduction to Qualitative Research 8. Qualitative Approaches to Research
Part III: Quantitative Research 9. Introduction to Quantitative Research 10. Experimental and Quasiexperimental Designs 11. Non-experimental Designs
Part IV: Processes Related to Research 12. Sampling 13. Data Collection Methods 14. Rigour in Research 15. Qualitative Data Analysis 16. Quantitative Data Analysis 17. Presenting the Findings
Part V: Critiquing Research 18. Critiquing Qualitative Research 19. Critiquing Quantitative Research
Part IV: Application of Research: Evidence-Informed Practice 20. Developing an Evidence-Informed Practice
Geri LoBiondo-Wood, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor, Director of PhD Nursing Program, University of Texas Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing, Nursing Systems and Technology, Houston, Texas, Judith Haber, PhD, RN, FAAN, The Ursula Springer Leadership Professor in Nursing, Rory Meyers College of Nursing, New York University, New York, New York, Carey Berry, Jennifer Yost, Cherylyn Cameron, RN, PhD, Professor and Founding Dean, School of Community Studies and Creative Technologies, Bow Valley College, Calgary, Alberta and Mina Singh, RN, PhD, Associate Director, Research, Faculty of Health - Nursing
Professor, School of Nursing, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada