Nursing Skills Online 4.0 for Canadian Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques, 1st Edition
Ensure you can confidently perform clinical nursing skills! Corresponding to Canadian Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, the First Edition of Nursing Skills Online 4.0 allows you to safely review procedures before performing them in the clinical setting. Developed for Canadian health care practice, this interactive course includes 19 modules with realistic, case-based lessons which use a structured pace to guide you through skills that have the greatest effect on patient safety. Each lesson uses videos, animations, and slide shows, as well as a content overview, textbook reading assignments, interactive exercises, and self-assessment tests to make learning easier and more dynamic. Modules also include critical thinking tasks and case studies to help you apply what you’ve learned to realistic patient situations.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Case-based/problem-oriented format of learning activities provides you with real-life patient scenarios and promotes critical thinking.
- Frequent interactivity enhances your learning and engagement with content to make understanding complex concepts easier.
- Self-assessment exercises allow you to test your knowledge of key concepts including correct answers and rationales for immediate learner feedback to better gage their understanding of material.
- Lesson Post Tests provide an immediate score upon completion that includes rationales behind correct responses.
- Printable procedure guidelines enable you to study and learn anywhere they go.
- Safety Considerations screens address the global safety issues in play for the lesson topic to prepare you for the clinical setting.
- Person Centered Care screens address variations in approach to patients of varied cultures and ages during the performance of the skill giving you the tools you need to treat patients from all walks of life.
- Evidence-Based Practice icons link to recently published research articles and a brief discussion of how they have or may change practice keeping you up to date with the most current evidence-based information.
- Delegation and Collaboration screens include information on delegation, as well as cooperation with other healthcare professionals who may have input in to patient welfare (physical therapists, nutritionists, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, etc.) providing you with a better understanding of how to provide the most comprehensive care for the patient.
- The latest evidence-based information in clinical skills & techniques keep you on the cutting edge of nursing.
- Activities and exercises foster application of information, decision-making, critical thinking, and evaluation.
- Video clips from 4th edition of Mosby’s Nursing Video Skills: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced demonstrate updated techniques and procedures.
- Detailed photos provide the most current information on equipment and techniques.
- Clear content presented in easy to read brief narrative and bulleted format.
- NEW! Corresponds directly to content Canadian Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, First Edition
- NEW! Cardiac Care module covers vital skills related to cardiac monitoring.
- NEW! Glucose and Autotransfusion of Chest Tube Drainage lessons provide you with detailed instructions for properly completing these procedures.
- NEW! Use Teach-Back sections in each Evaluation screen demonstrate how to properly phrase a Teach-Back question.
Module 1: Vital Signs Safety Module 2: Infection Control Module 3: Specimen Collection Module 4: Safety Module 5: Safe Medication Preparation Module 6: Administration of Nonparenteral Medication Module 7: Administration of Parenteral Medications: Injections Module 8: Administration of Parenteral Medications: Intravenous Medication Module 9: Airway Management Module 10: Cardiac Care (NEW) Module 11: Closed Chest Drainage Systems Module 12: Intravenous Fluid Administration Module 13: Maintenance of Intravenous Fluid Therapy Module 14: Vascular Access Module 15: Blood Therapy Module 16: Enteral Nutrition Module 17: Urinary Catheterization Module 18: Bowel Elimination/Ostomy Module 19: Wound Care
Nursing Skills Online 4.0 Survey (Student) Nursing Skills Online 4.0 Survey (Instructor) Online Course Updates
Patricia A. Potter, RN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research,Patient Care Services,Barnes-Jewish Hospital,St. Louis, Missouri, Anne Griffin Perry, RN, MSN, EdD, FAAN, Professor Emerita,School of Nursing,Southern Illinois University,Edwardsville, Illinois, Wendy Ostendorf, Walden University
Minneapolis, Minnesota and Shelley Cobbett, RN, BN, GnT, MN, EdD, Instructor, Dalhousie University