Pocket Companion for Physical Examination and Health Assessment, Canadian Edition - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card),2nd Edition
Ideal for quick reference in the clinical setting, this portable companion to Carolyn Jarvis’ Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 2nd Canadian Edition summarizes essential assessment skills and techniques for the most effective physical examinations. This convenient clinical tool provides fast, easy access to full-colour pathology photos and illustrations, health history, examination steps for each body system, normal versus abnormal findings, lifespan and cultural considerations, nursing diagnoses, and summary checklists.
- Convenient, colour-coded design helps students easily locate the information they need.
- More than 200 full-colour illustrations clearly demonstrate important anatomy and physiology concepts, examination steps, and normal and abnormal findings.
- Age-specific developmental competencies highlight important considerations for pediatric, pregnant, and aging patients.
- Cultural competency icons alert students to relevant cultural considerations in the clinical setting.
- Abnormal findings tables provide fast access to key information on many frequently encountered conditions.
- Updated evidence-informed practice guidelines throughout the guide reflect the most current research and assessment practices.
- New! Bedside Assessment of the Hospitalized Adult chapter outlines the pertinent assessment steps in a focused exam in the inpatient setting.
- New abnormal findings photos help students recognize and distinguish between abnormal conditions.
- Additional full-colour examination technique photos clarify exam steps for eyes, nose, mouth, throat, thorax, heart, neck, peripheral vascular, and pediatric exams.
1. The Interview and the Health History
2. Mental Health Assessment
3. Assessment Techniques and the Clinical Setting
4. General Survey, Measurement, Vital Signs, and Pain Assessment
5. Skin, Hair, and Nails
6. Head, Face, and Neck, Including Regional Lymphatic System
9. Nose, Mouth, and Throat
10. Breasts, Including Regional Lymphatic System
11. Thorax and Lungs
12. Heart and Neck Vessels
13. Peripheral Vascular System and Lymphatic System
14. The Abdomen
15. Musculoskeletal System
16. Neurological System
17. Male Genitourinary System
18. Female Genitourinary System
19. Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
20. The Complete Health Assessment: Putting It All Together
21. NEW! Bedside Assessment of the Hospitalized Adult
Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP, Professor, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Nurse Practitioner, Community Health Care Clinic, Bloomington, Illinois, Annette J. Browne, PhD, RN, Professor and Distinguished University Scholar, School of Nursing, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, June MacDonald-Jenkins, RN, BScN, MSc, Dean of Health, Human & Justice Studies, Loyalist College, Belleville, ON and Marian Luctkar-Flude, RN, PhD, Assistant Professor, Queen's University School of Nursing, Kingston, ON.