Whether it’s being a friendly face during a regular check-up or a hand to hold during hard medical emergencies, nurses are the unsung heroes of the world. Now more than ever, the work that nurses do is nothing short of amazing.
The role of nurse educators has always been to provide the right skills and knowledge to future nurses, making the difference between certified nurses and excellent nurses. Last year, their ability to teach was tested with online classrooms, uncertain times for their programs, and the unwavering passion remaining to provide the best for their students.
As we recognize nurses, we not only celebrate the nurses on the front line of this crisis, but the nurse educators who are determined to find ways to continue their lessons and embolden nursing students during the COVID-19 pandemic. Elsevier is proud to share facts about the “noble nurse” and honor them during this year’s celebration.
To learn more about the incredible work our nurses do, view the full PDF.
- Gallup. Americans Rate Nurses Highest on Honesty, Ethical Standards. January 2020.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook. April 2020.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. bhpr.hrsa.gov/healthworkforce
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing. http://www.aacn.nche.edu
- National League of Nurses. http://www.nln.org
- U.S. Department of Defense. Defense Manpower Data Center. https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/dwp/index.jsp