Experience work in a physician’s office right from your classroomVirtual Medical Office (VMO) is an integrated learning system that helps students develop their critical thinking and decision-making skills before they begin their healthcare careers. Students will observe patient care from check-in through check-out, including the documentation needed for accurate insurance billing and coding. Interactive lessons reinforce CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and enable students to make decisions and learn from their mistakes in a realistic and completely safe environment.
Easily Incorporate VMO into Your Curriculum
- Immersive video footage familiarizes students with the medical office environment and demonstrates how to process patients from check-in to check-out.
- Realistic patient interactions help students perfect their communication skills.
- Experience working with realistic documents and information sources — including medical records, office policy manuals, fee schedules, day sheets, and more — gives your students a leg up when entering the job market.
- Review of key CAAHEP and ABHES competencies in professionalism, communication and administrative tasks through 15 unique cases.
- Active learning exercises challenge students to apply their critical thinking skills.
- Integrated performance reviews enable students to compare results with experts and assess their progress.
- Implementation manual with detailed instructions, lesson plans, and answer keys, makes it easy to incorporate VMO into your program