Step 1: Preparation
Detailed outlines guide you through the staging of the simulation lab, identifying key resources for preparing you, your students, and your simulator.
Step 2: Scenario
Each simulation scenario is presented with clear instructions for initiating and progressing the simulation experience. Descriptions of the patient's condition for each phase of the scenario help you conduct the most realistic simulation session possible.
Step 3: Debriefing
Guided Discussion Questions for each scenario facilitate collaborative evaluation and analysis and direct students to corresponding content in their Elsevier textbooks for review and practice.
Electronic Health Record
At the core of the SLS is a fully functional electronic health record (EHR) pre-populated with complete patient data specific to each scenario. Students can reference patient data and manage realistic documentation before, during, and after the simulation.
Outstanding supplementary resources for each simulation scenario enable you to customize the simulation experience for each student based on learning level and defined objectives.
Easily Incorporate SLS into Your CurriculumSLS makes it easy to add simulation to your curriculum with comprehensive educator support across the entire simulation experience.
- Staging instructions
- Pre-simulation exercises and quizzes
- Algorithm quick card for advancing patient conditions
- QSEN-based performance objectives
- Performance checklist
- Patient report in SBAR format
- Patient and participant response guides
- Observer evaluation rubric
- Guided discussion questions
- Post-simulation quizzes and activities
- Animations, skills videos, and other relevant multimedia
- Training webinars with a Peer Advisor