CONNECT WITH SUSY:
Susy Sportsman is a well-known and highly sought-after consultant with a rare mix of educational, clinical, and business expertise. As Director of the Academic Consulting Group, she leads a team of consultants in providing targeted consultation services and faculty development workshops to improve nursing education.
Throughout her distinguished career, Dr. Sportsman has been in pursuit of the best education for health professionals. She inspires educators to think creatively about new strategies to prepare students for practice, and has held faculty and administration positions at a number of Texas-based universities, most recently serving as Dean of the College of Health Sciences and Human Services at Midwestern State University.
Dr. Sportsman is also an author and Co-Principal Investigator of the Academic Progression in Nursing Grant awarded to the Texas Team Advancing Health Through Nursing Education Committee by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
Before entering academia, Dr. Sportsman worked as a clinician and administrator in several prominent healthcare organizations.
Videos of Dr. Susy Sportsman
What makes a good nurse educator
How being a nurse has impacted her life
Additional Resources from Dr. Sportsman
- From Admission to Graduation: A Guide to Helping Students Succeed Through Remediation
- Retrieval Practice: Enhancing Application Skills
- Deepen Students' Understanding of Clinical Practice with Use of Debriefing
- Best Practices for Integrating Sherpath into Your Curriculum
- Improving Student Outcomes with Data — Just Use It!
- Using Real-Time Data to Improve Student Outcomes
- A Framework for Managing Change
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Why Switch to Concept Based Curriculum
- Help! Standardized Tests Increse My Students' Stress
- The State of Simulations in Nursing Education
- Concept Based Curriculum
- Embracing Simulations in the Classroom
- Two New Simulation Standards Released by INACSL
- Adaptive Learning In Nursing Education
- RN to BSN: The Imperitive for Rapid Change
- Concept Based Curricula In Nursing: Perceptions of the Trend
- Just Tell Me What's On The Test
- Coping with Burnout
- Musings of an Experienced Nurse Educator
- Review of the 2014 NCSBN National Simulation Study