Clinical Cases in Medical Retina, 1st Edition
- Presents more than 70 clinical cases depicting actual scenarios of patients presenting with a variety of retinal disorders.
- Walks you through history taking, questions to ask, differential diagnosis, testing, management, and follow-up care, all in a concise, templated, and easy-to-read format.
- Covers the latest imaging modalities, including OCT and OCTA, autofluorescence, fluorescein angiography, and ultrasound.
- Includes diagnostic algorithms that help you differentiate between disorders with common presentations.
- Provides expert guidance on treatment options, including prescribing medications, injections, and where appropriate, when to refer for surgery.
- Features quick-reference boxes throughout with clinical pearls, pitfalls, and key points.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
*Cases to be numbered with a case index added to the front matter
Section 1. Hereditary Macular Conditions
Section 2: Degenerative Macular Conditions
Section 3: Inflammatory Macular Diseases
Section 4: Infectious Macular Diseases
Section 5: Idiopathic Macular Conditions
Section 6: Neoplastic
Case Template (tentative)
History of Present Illness
Questions to Ask
Jennifer I. Lim, MD, Marion H Schenk Chair and Professor of Ophthalmology, Director of Retina Service, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois and William F. Mieler, MD, Cless Family Professor and Vice-Chairman, Director Residency and Vitreoretinal Fellowship Training, Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA