The Practice of Patient Education, 10th Edition
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
A review copy request is most likely to be fulfilled as an eBook on VitalSource rather than a print product, unless no eBook is available. eBooks become available in as little as a few hours. Print products will take between 7 and 10 days to arrive. To request a print copy, please contact the Evolve Support Center
or your Education Solutions Consultant
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
- Covers a variety of learning theories and concepts, as well as strategies for applying them in patient teaching.
- Uses evidence-based patient education practice, with extensive citations to the research base.
- Presents key issues in patient education such as literacy, use of patient decision aids, and multiple patient conditions for which organized patient education should be developed.
- Includes study questions with suggested answers.
- Teaching basics streamlined for use as the main text for a course or as a supplement to any clinically oriented course.
- Includes multiple case examples, at every stage of the teaching process, which students can use as models to guide their own practice.
- New case study approach provides multiple case examples enabling readers to understand how to apply teaching strategies to specific patient types and settings.
- Now includes significant content in patient self-management of chronic conditions, the largest growing area of patient education.
1. The Practice of Patient Education: Overview, Motivation and Learning
2. Educational Objectives and Instruction
3. Evaluation in Patient Education
4. Cancer Patient Education
5. Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Patient Education
6. Diabetes Self-Management Education
7. Education for Pregnancy and Parenting, and Educating Children
8. Other Areas of Patient Education Practice
9. Patient Education Delivery, Health Policy and New Directions
Appendix A: Suggested Answers to Study Questions
Appendix B: Additional Study Aids
Barbara Klug Redman, PhD, RN, FAAN, Dean and Professor, Wayne State University College of Nursing, Detroit, MI