Assistive Technology in the Workplace, 1st Edition
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
A review copy request is most likely to be fulfilled as an eBook on VitalSource rather than a print product, unless no eBook is available. eBooks become available in as little as a few hours. Print products will take between 7 and 10 days to arrive. To request a print copy, please contact the Evolve Support Center
or your Education Solutions Consultant
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
- Results from the Assistive Technology User Study are explained - an extensive and unique research project undertaken by the authors that examines the experiences of AT users in the workplace, the barriers they experience, and the support strategies they use to function in the work environment.
- AT user quotes and anecdotes bring immediacy to obstacles faced in the workplace.
- Vignettes and case studies throughout the text encourage students to apply principles to real-life situations.
- Appendices include listings for various professional organizations, funding, listservs, and research resources, as well as lists of questions therapists and clients should ask in various situations.
- Material progresses in a logical manner, examining each facet of workplace AT beyond its theory and evaluation.
- Consumer/client-centered focus takes the client's needs into account, featuring anecdotes from the users interviewed in the AT User Study.
- Employer concerns are addressed, using anecdotes to illustrate issues from the employer's perspective - an essential factor to consider when selecting appropriate technology.
1. Technology at Work
2. Review of the Development of Assistive Technology Models
3. Consumer-Centered Process for Technology Acquisition and Use
4. Identifying the Right Technology
5. Acquiring Technology for Work
6. Introducing Assistive Technology into the Workplace
7. Optimizing the Use of Technology in the Workplace
8. Issues for the Assistive Technology User in the Workplace
9. Evaluating the Effectiveness of Technology in the Workplace
Appendix A. Questions to Guide Identifying Potential Technologies
Appendix B. Questions to Guide Choosing a Supplier
Appendix C. Questions to Guide Trialing Devices
Appendix D. Questions to Guide Choosing the Best Technology
Appendix E. Questions to Guide the Acquisition of Technology
Appendix F. Questions to Guide Working with a Supplier
Appendix G. Questions to Guide Customization
Appendix H. Questions to Guide Learning to Use Your Technology
Appendix I. Questions to Guide the Long-Term Use of Assistive Technology in the Workplace
Appendix J. Resources and Weblinks
Desleigh de Jonge, B Occ Thy, M Phil(Occ Thy), Lecturer, Occupational Therapy, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia, Marcia Scherer, PhD, MPH, Director, Institute for Matching Person and Technology, University of Rochester Medical Center; Adjunct Associate Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Senior Research Associate, International Center for Hearing and Speech Research, Webster, NY, USA and Sylvia Rodger, PhD, M Ed St, B Occ Thy, Senior Lecturer and Head, Department of Occupational Therapy, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia