Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
A review copy request is most likely to be fulfilled as an eBook on VitalSource rather than a print product, unless no eBook is available. eBooks become available in as little as a few hours. Print products will take between 7 and 10 days to arrive. To request a print copy, please contact the Evolve Support Center
or your Education Solutions Consultant
- Consistent, unifying elements throughout the book help you understand the interrelation of body systems and how the structure and function of these change in relation to age and development.
- A dynamic full-color design with more than 1,000 full-color photographs and illustrations visually reinforce and clarify complex concepts.
- The unique Clear View of the Human Body transparencies display the internal view of male and female bodies along several different planes, strengthening your knowledge of the structure of the body.
- Study hints offer specific suggestions for using many of the learning aids found in each chapter.
- Student learning objectives highlight the things you should know after completing each chapter, helping you focus on the most important concepts.
- Introductory Stories present real-life clinical situations at the beginning of each chapter, with follow-up questions that challenge you to apply what you've learned in practical and creative ways.
- Quick Check questions after major sections reinforce learning by prompting you to immediately review new concepts.
- Review questions at the end of every chapter help you determine how well you have mastered important concepts.
- Critical thinking questions at the end of every chapter challenge your reasoning skills.
- Learning resources on evolve.elsevier.com include A&P Connect, answers to Introductory Story questions, answers to Quick Check questions, audio chapter summaries, audio glossary, Body Spectrum Electronic Anatomy Coloring Book, FAQs, Mechanisms of Disease, online tutoring, Quick Guide to the Language and Science of Medicine, student post-test questions, and web links to related sites.
- Anatomy and Physiology Online features a comprehensive and interactive online course with 22 modules following the body systems presented in the book.
Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor Emeritus, Life Sciences,St. Charles Community College Cottleville, MO Professor of Human Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (HAPI adjunct) Northeast College of Health Sciences Seneca Falls, NY, Gary A. Thibodeau, PhD, Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, Wisconsin, USA and Matthew M. Douglas, PhD, Professor of Zoology
Grand Rapids Community College
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Adjunct Professor, Department of Entomology
Michigan State University
East Lansing, Michigan