Managing Client Care - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
- Content focuses on client care management, rather than staff management, to go beyond basic management concepts and help those whose role will be managing quality client care.
- Essential theoretical information is covered with an emphasis on practical application.
- Application Exercises at the end of each chapter challenge readers to apply what they've just learned. A brief clinical situation is followed by questions or commands to describe the solution, based on what was learned in the chapter.
- Critical Thinking Scenarios at the end of each chapter give readers a short case study to consider and questions to test their application of knowledge.
- A competency-based format is applied throughout and is based on a research study that identifies clinical management skills needed by beginning staff nurses.
- Objectives and Key Concepts at the beginning of each chapter provide readers with a glimpse at important information contained within. Key concepts are also shown in boldface upon first mention in that chapter.
- Cartoons are provided throughout to keep readers more actively interested in the text content.
- Terrorism readiness and disaster management content has been added to prepare readers for today's most relevant issues.
- The chapter on Understanding the Context of Health has been thoroughly revised to offer readers a glimpse into the heart of the business of health care. New content in this chapter includes economic and political ties to seamless health care, nursing informatics, and technology in practice.
- The latest issues facing staff nursing are covered — including content on staff shortages, mandatory overtime, agency nurses/temps, self-preservation, and continuing education.
- Revised and updated instructor's resources are now located online for added flexibility.
Elizabeth F. Wywialowski, EdD, MS, BSN, CRRN, RN