Mosby's Guide to Women's Health - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
This essential clinical companion provides quick access to a wealth of information on effectively managing common women's health issues. It offers just the right level of coverage for health professionals, with concise, user-friendly protocols for diagnosing and treating a wide range of conditions. In addition to traditional medical information, this book also explores alternative natural treatment options such as physical therapy, nutrition, herbs, chiropractic, and naturopathic therapies.
- A consistent format throughout makes it easy to quickly find key information.
- Coverage of common conditions includes a description of the condition, causes, diagnostic procedures, signs/symptoms, traditional medical management, self-help treatments, dietary/nutritional management, adjunctive therapies, and chiropractic treatment options.
- Features a section on general hormonal health that explores the role of estrogen and estrogen derivatives in maintaining health and predisposing to disease.
- Addresses other factors impacting women's health such as culture, spirituality, and domestic violence.
- Convenient pocket size makes this handbook ideal for use in the clinical setting.
- Goes beyond reproductive issues to address the total health care needs of female patients.
- A multidisciplinary editorial board provides a well-rounded perspective of women's health issues with just the right amount of information for health professionals.
1. Anatomy, Physiology and Neurology
2. Estrogen Concepts
3. Menstrual Cycle
5. Birth Control
6. Bladder Pain Syndrome (Interstitial Cystitis)
7. Breast Conditions
8. Cardiovascular Health
10. Cultural Considerations
12. Domestic Violence
16. Female Athlete Triad
25. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
27. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
29. Pregnancy — Labor and Delivery
30. Pregnancy — Post Partum
31. Premature Ovarian Failure
32. Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
33. Reproductive Tract Malignancies
35. Technique — Procedures
Tolu DC Oyelowo, DC, Associate Professor, Chair, Diversity Commission, Northwestern Health Sciences University, Bloomington, MN and Mosby