Massage Online (MO) for Mosby's Pathology for Massage Therapists, 3rd Edition
Based on Mosby's Pathology for Massage Therapists, 3rd Edition, this online course is a valuable supplement to the textbook with fun, engaging and interactive modules. More than 200 exercises, over 1,000 high-quality images, and dynamic videos and animations bring pathology concepts to life. Colorful traffic light icons accompany each pathology topic to make it easier to remember contraindications for massage therapy. Together with the textbook, Massage Online offers the best possible preparation in pathology for massage therapy.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Traffic Light icons next to each pathology indicate whether it is safe to proceed with massage (green), to use caution (yellow), or to not conduct massage (red), making concepts more approachable and understandable.
- Interactive exercises like Multiple-select, Labeling, Drag-and-drop, Bin-drop and Sequencing provide a variety of intriguing activities for learning and understanding pathology.
- State-of-the-art media including video clips and pathology animations depict pathology concepts that are difficult to represent photographically.
- Interactive features include Points of interest, Historical marker, Clinical tip, Spotlight on research, and Rest area pop-ups for additional applicable and fascinating content.
- Realistic and multi-faceted Case studies at the end of each module strengthens critical thinking skills and challenges you to apply your understanding to scenarios that may be encountered in practice.
- Catch That? Offers a quick review of the material presented on the previous screens of the lesson, including references back to the screens where the content was presented along with the answer.
1. Infection Control and Safe Practice Procedures for Massage Therapists
2. Treatment Planning
3. Pharmacology and Massage Therapy
4. Dermatologic Pathologies
5. Musculoskeletal Pathologies
6. Neurologic Pathologies
7. Endocrine Pathologies
8. Cardiovascular Pathologies
9. Lymphatic and Immune Pathologies
10. Respiratory Pathologies
11. Gastrointestinal Pathologies
12. Urinary Pathologies
13. Reproductive Pathologies, Conditions, and Sexually Transmitted Infections
15. Mental Disorders
Susan G. Salvo, D.Ed., LMT, NTS, CI, BCTMB, Co-Owner, Co-Director, and Instructor, Louisiana Institute of Massage Therapy, Lake Charles, LA; Veteran Massage Therapist, Lake Charles, LA