Cote's Veterinary Medicine Clinical Skills Videos (Access Card)
Prepare students to perform common veterinary procedures like a seasoned pro! Veterinary Medicine Clinical Skills Videos provide clear, step-by-step demonstrations of those advanced medical procedures that challenge any small animal practitioner. Forty videos depict diverse and advanced procedural skills such as bone marrow aspiration, arthrocentesis, epidural anesthesia, and many more. Created by well-known veterinary author Etienne Côté, these expert videos may be accessed online, anywhere at any time. Viewers can stop, rewind, and review as much as they want until it all makes sense. The result is a greater comfort level when performing these procedures and a safer, more effective process for their patients. Ideal for students who are preparing for the NAVLE®, the videos are also useful for residents who’d like to review protocols before attempting unfamiliar or infrequently performed procedures.
- 40 videos let you review medical procedures and stay up to date with the newest techniques routinely performed in referral practices and university hospitals — although there may be more than one way of performing a procedure, you can be sure that each way shown in these videos is tried and true, and has been in the hands of board-certified veterinary specialists for years.
- A logical format begins with preparatory information, including indications, necessary materials, and anesthetic requirements; then shows the procedure step by step, emphasizing key moments, especially where common errors are well known to specialists but may not be obvious to the newcomer; then concludes with important post-procedure information, including alternatives and pearls of wisdom.
- An ideal companion to Etienne Côté’s market-leading text, Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats, these videos show the finer points of procedural technique not possible to convey in print alone.
- Concise, narrated videos cover procedures from start to finish, averaging 7 minutes in length, and allow you to pause and rewind to review key aspects.
- A repeatable sequential order is used to show each procedure:
- Materials and equipment
- Step-by-step procedural technique
- Post-procedural care
- Animations support the videos by demonstrating important additional features.
- Cautions and special considerations are addressed in the videos to minimize patient risk and optimize outcomes.
Abdominal Ultrasound Examination
Arterial Catheterization and Arterial Blood Sampling
Blood Typing and Crossmatching
Bone Marrow Aspiration / Core Biopsy
Buccal Mucosal Bleeding Time
Cerebrospinal Fluid Collection
Chest Tube Placement
Dermatologic Diagnostic Procedures
Esophagostomy Feeding Tube Placement
Fine-Needle Sampling of Subcutaneous Masses
Gastric Intubation, Gastric Lavage and Trocarization
Gastroscopy and Duodenoscopy
Jugular Catheter Placement and Central Venous Pressure Measurement
Laryngeal, Pharyngeal, and Oral Examination
Nasoesophageal Feeding Tube Placement
Nebulization and Coupage
Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) Feeding Tube Placement
Prostatic Sampling via Catheter
Slings and Other Forms of Limb Immobilization
Urethral Catheterization of Male and Female Cats and Dogs
Urethrogram and Cystogram
Etienne Cote, DVM, DACVIM(Cardiology and Small Animal Internal Medicine), Associate Professor, Department of Companion Animals, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, PE, Canada